Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics
are saab indians asil? didn't pat patterson add shamo or goto to that line? are ike merchant's asils pure? i think they are asil. if top tier breeders are adding viper to their asil then they are asil. right?

the story i read said he didn;t use the hen again.

He says he didn't use the hen again; but I believe this was followed by some brother x sister matings if I remember correctly. I'm old; been wrong before; will be again.

Not sure on the Indians.

Remember where these fellows were showing their chickens. It wasn't an exhibition hall. Purity meant nothing. Winning was all that mattered. They weren't interested in a particular type per se; unless you mean the winning type.

the indians were also called kulang condors? or condor asil?

ok i read up a bit on the subject. the indian asil were great and game asil but the siam or thai cross made them winners. thailand used to be called siam. winners against some well known breeders and their asils in the venue you are referring to.

Last edited:
hey fellas,

not to change the subject here....this is directed at saladin....whatever became of trying to get the black asil into the APA standard?

Depending on how they are bred, Shamo in the Asil wouldn't make them not Asil (by some's standard). I gather Manuel Reynold had bred in and out of his Asil some of his Shamo, somewhere in their history. Curt Hanson bred in lots of different Asil into his MRs, I gather even Boles! I know Doc had to use Asil in his shamo, he bred them back to Shamo. I think that's less objectionable if you don't go outside of the Malayoids. I agree, function was more important than blood, really. But I'm not yet sure we can quite say that they (Vipers) can't be or aren't Asil. I mean, look at Boles, Cobra etc. Asil! But, that being said, Mr. Saab himself doesn't refer to them (Vipers) as Asil, I'm not sure what he thinks though. IMO, a Viper is as much an Asil as is a Boles, Cobra etc. Especially when bred to be Asil in Form and Function. Now, Boles and other "grade Asil" aren't considered "real deal Asil". So yea, all that to conclude: IDK!

I'm interested in hearing about your project too, Saladin.

Curt Hanson only bred 3 different Asil into his line once every 8 years then 'bred it out.' He never used Boles.

An Andy Hightower cock, a Sonatol from LA, and the Hyderabad from Pakistan via London.

Last edited:
thanks, i will keep an eye out....i pray they standard will not call for dark eyes, like the black asil bantam.......any idea whos idea that was and why?

Back
Top Bottom