Ewww, that’s GROSS!!!

I can't report anything as exciting as I've been reading in this thread, but our grossest thing they've eaten so far is a couple of Tomatoe hornworms. Those worms/caterpillars are pretty gross and we gave 2 of them to our 4 chickens. The two Buff Orpingtons found them first and ran all over the yard with the Eggers chasing them, green yuck hanging out of their mouths. Finally, they swallowed the worms hole. They all really enjoyed the adventure!

Neighbor's yorkie puppy, I think they thought it was a rat "I did too until I saw the pink toenails". Worst Tibetan sky funeral ever! Luckily they only had it a few days so they wern't too attached yet and I got the task of explaining that chickens aren't just into plants and grain.:caf
I’m, yeah I think this wins. A puppy.....UGH!

I routinely feed the eggs back to my chickens. I keep a rooster in with my girls so the eggs are fertilized. Because of this, I'm vigilant about collecting the eggs before development starts in earnest.

So per usual, I'm breaking the eggs for the girls and one just didn't look right. Worried that one of my girls is sick and thinking the vet may need to test the egg, I attempt to scoop up as much as I could while shooing the girls away from the feast.

One of the sneaky little nerds gets past me and snatches a chunk of the 'bad egg.' I was able to catch her before she ate the chunk... Turns out the chunk was a developing chick - at least seven days old.

So gross. Not eating a puppy gross, but it's up there and my biggest fear when using fertilized eggs for cooking.

Last edited:
Not to be gross (oh wait..) but one of chickens accidentally took a huge bite out of a pile of chicken poo thinking it was a treat I had thrown :sick I think even she regretted that one.
I have seen mine do that too...

Neighbor's yorkie puppy, I think they thought it was a rat "I did too until I saw the pink toenails". Worst Tibetan sky funeral ever! Luckily they only had it a few days so they wern't too attached yet and I got the task of explaining that chickens aren't just into plants and grain.:caf
WAIT>> DID THEY ACTUALLY KILL A PUPPY?!?!:hit

Back
Top Bottom