Excel spreadsheet for tracking expenses and income from chickens

sorry, If you click on the very first post for this thread all will be explained to you. I just keep editing the original post when something comes up so a new person doesn't have to read through 20 pages to get the message. It is under "chicken tools" on our website, the first link below my sign off below. The second link is for my blog about farm life. thanks everyone and enjoy.
Raisin

someone just pointed out that the link is not working. I will let my wife know as she is the great keeper of these things. Should only take a few days to fix.
raisin

Hi Steve just wanted to thank you and your wife for sharing the spreadsheet with us. I use it every day
and have found it to be a great help, once again thanks.

Dan

Thanks I'm going to try it this year.

I may modify for rabbits... (unless someone else has something they use for buns, they'd be willing to share!)

Just what I need, THANK YOU ,THANK YOU:
ya.gif
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

this is going to take longer than I thought. Just send me a private email and i will send you the file. If I get overwhelmed I will let everyone know. I sent out over 100 copies last year. thanks, Raisin

steve, if you're not overwhelmed, could you answer a question for me about the spreadsheet? also, thank you and your wife sooo much! caught your blog also and love it. okay, to my question... i hope this isn't too lame. i am trying to figure out how much it's costing me in feed for how ever many eggs but i'm not clear what values i have have to enter into the spreadsheet to give me and answer. i have entered in some different values, but am not getting any "results". can you give me a quick rundown? thanks!

sylvia

Quote:
I'm not Steve, but I can help

We have another post here WARNING -- BORING MATH

You will have to enter your own numbers.

COST OF RAISING DUAL PURPOSE VS. CORNISH CROSS -- POST 442602

There is some boring math.

COSTS
For standard breeds -- Comets, White Rocks, Reds, Leghorns you can figure around 5 ounces of feed per bird per day. Sometime they eat a little more sometimes less. During the summer this will go down for free ranging birds in colder snowy climates since they are also finding alternative feed.

To figure the per pound cost of your feed you divide Cost by pounds. COST PER POUND = $/lbs

To figure the cost per ounce divide the answer above by 16 COST PER OUNCE = COST PER POUND / 16

Cost of Chicken = Cost Per Ounce X 5 ounces

Multiply the above by 30 days and then divide by the eggs collected.

If you look at the post above it's a little easier since there is an example.

If you want to track exact amounts daily then download our free poultry record forms to keep near the feed. It allows you to write down the feed usage and and egg collection daily plus other information too. There are also free forms for rabbits, goats, etc.

Hope it helps and PM me with any questions you have or post here.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not Steve but I've been using his spreadsheet since I started keeping the chooks.....the first tab is labeled "summary". You enter the figures into the correct month/date tab and then go to the summary tab to see your overall. It will tell you both the cost for the month and the cost overall for the year. Hope this helps....

Back
Top Bottom