Excuse me, but ...

In lovely eastern western Maryland today....
Now
Scattered light rain showers will move into portions of north central Maryland...and the northern Shenandoah Valley region of West Virginia and northern Virginia. Temperatures will remain generally in the lower 40s and upper 30s...so this precipitation will remain as rainfall through the afternoon hours. Only a few hundredths of an inch expected through 4 PM.

Which is meteorology for "blah."

Tonight
A slight chance of rain showers this evening. Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of snow showers. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of snow showers in the morning...then partly sunny with scattered flurries in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent.

Which is meteorology for "buy bread and milk" (at least around here).

Low to mid 50s and fog our usuall november weather..oh rain the rest of the week, Think I might rust this year, course that could be from age.
lau.gif

Quote:
I always scratch my head at that. Why is it people wait till the last minute before any kind of storm, even a mere threat of one that might come their way, then rush out and empty the shelves of bread and milk? Are they all down to one crust and half an inch of milk in the bottle? Is is some kind of mass hysteria? Do some of these people even drink mil normally? Don't they have anything else in their house to eat and drink?
hu.gif

Quote:
I always scratch my head at that. Why is it people wait till the last minute before any kind of storm, even a mere threat of one that might come their way, then rush out and empty the shelves of bread and milk? Are they all down to one crust and half an inch of milk in the bottle? Is is some kind of mass hysteria? Do some of these people even drink mil normally? Don't they have anything else in their house to eat and drink?
hu.gif

I don't get it, either. You gonna tell me you can't live off Twinkies, Doritos, Ring-Dings and beer??

It's suddenly gone from temps where you could rush to finish outdoor projects (at least in the 40's) to low 30's today, snowing, raw wind, dark and very November. Wonder what our pullets think of it? This is our first lasting snow on the ground...but not enough to snowshoe, and I'm not in the mood yet. I still need to get in a month of whining...
hmm.png

Where's my "white stuff"? Really, send some down here, would ya? If I gotta go to the parental's place by SunAngel for my white stuff, my wallet's gonna blow away in the warm breeze!

Quote:
I thought you did it oh Mighty Powerful Chicken woman. hehehehe It was after noon before we got up to 40 today. burrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
I will so totally send you any 'white stuff' we get here BFeathered.

My parents were bragging about their beautiful weather there in Texas, I think they need some cold and snow too! lol

Back
Top Bottom