Excuses Excuses Excuses!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
I was always taught that an Explanation is an excuse and an excuse is not allowed.

Well, I hear that some people , whether spouses or living partners, wont let you have a new animal ;

So , what excuses do Yall use to get a new animal? And do they work? I can never have too many animals and when I get told " no, you have too many animals already" I sure do feel down...
So , let me hear your excuses!

Last edited:
I just get it first, then use the Oh, by the way, routine
big_smile.png

What I am using for getting a goat is - we can always sell it if we don't like it.
smile.png
I am a stay-at-home caregiver for family elders, so I might as well do all this crazy stuff while I can. For someday, I will go back to having a 'real' job & not have time for it all.

I start by surreptitiously feeding the neighbour's pet. Finally I come home from grocery shopping with a bag of cat food. When my husband asks why, I tell him that I'm feeding Sammy so he'll stop killing my wild birds. Then gradually he starts coming in the house, getting chased out every time hubby catches him. Then eventually hubby doesn't chase him out. Bingo. Ours!

14990_sammy.jpg

Buy animal, get him a piece for the Harley . It's that easy in our house. Once we retire from the army i will have to buy a aweful big piece of chrome if i want a lama and a emu. I can get a pygmy goat on a shirt and a bobber seat.. But the two others will cost me a super loud exhaust system or a custom paint job.

All i had to do was eeek out a few tears every time I saw a kitty and then BAM! we got two.

Go into the feed store and hold little chicks in my hands and refuse to leave for just a few more minutes then BAM! more chickies.

"I fell, and it jumped on me. I didn't notice until just now."

Whether or not it works is down to the cuteness factor and how much it is likely to eat. Kittens are generally acceptable, fish/reptiles he doesn't notice, chickens and puppies he gets upset about.

Back
Top Bottom