Exhibition Poultry Housing

Quote:
i love your setup!
smile.png

I keep mine in these pens. They are 4 foot by 4 foot. I want to add little runs out side of the building for them but Havent figured out how to do it yet also have added windows for them that is 12 ins by 6 ins just so they get more light and air. They do get hot during the summer so I have to run a fan on them all summer long

4828_birds_2_012.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words.
smile.png
I have to give all the credit to my DH, he has done an amazing job for my hobby and continues to do more everyday.
hugs.gif

He also makes some awesome hutches that we use for juvi pens before they are ready to go on the ground, we also use them for bachelor pens or for breeders. They make really nice broody pens for a momma and new babies too.
big_smile.png
I have even talked him into donating one of the singles for the raffle of our local chickenstock this next weekend.
wink.png

49849_dsc02968.jpg

49849_img00045-20100520-0742.jpg

49849_dsc04801.jpg

Nice cages and set ups. I am looking to build some breeder/show housing for my birds. I will be building a new barn next year, and I am wanting to work on some cages that I can use this winter then move into the new barn. I am hoping to build something that can be used for breeders or show birds. The barn will also have larger pens and runs, but I think I will need these smaller cages as well. I don't know wether to go with cages on stands, hanging or suspended cages, wood frames, metal frames, or what kind of wire to use. I'm still debating if I want wire cage bottoms or solid bottoms with shavings. Too many decisions right now!

Quote:
We were thinking of doing something like this for our chickens. I was thinking of buying one of those storage shed buildings and lining the walls with the cages, then making two runs outside and rotating by breed into the outdoor runs during the day. So far we've only built two coop/runs and one grow out pen but I'm not really happy with the set up. I'm thinking of going the route I want now instead of building two more coops/runs like then starting all over.

Back
Top Bottom