Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days and officially ready to get this kid out! I was 3 cm and 60% effaced at my appt yesterday. I've had a good pregnancy all in all, but have reached that point where I can no longer sleep, can't get anything done b/c I'm so winded/overheated, and am just generally miserable. She needs to move out! I told DH I'm going to get more sleep with her getting me up every 2 hours to nurse than I'm getting right now. Tonight is my last night of work, so she can come any time after that...and I sure wish she'd hurry!!

It's not getting the baby's stuff ready that I'm stressed about, it's getting all the OTHER stuff done that I've been wanting to do since the last baby was born (2 years ago!) and haven't had time to do. Lord knows I will have even less time now! Sigh...6 days left and I'm working 3 14-hr shifts during that time.

I know - we were pregnant at the same time then too! And I still have things from then that were "only" going to take an hour or so to get done...

6 days!? I still have a trimester to go. Good luck!

Well, tomorrow is Delivery Day! Well, technically today I guess. I go in for induction in the morning at 10:30 and my doc wants me delivered by 6 pm. I told him he's being overly optimistic. LOL. But at some point during the day we'll get to meet baby girl!

Good luck KellyHM!

Hi everyone!
I am new here, and just over 32 weeks pregnant with my first, a little girl. So far I've had a very healthy, but also very uncomfortable, pregnancy. I can't wait to meet my little girl.

Good luck KellyHM!

Hi everyone!
I am new here, and just over 32 weeks pregnant with my first, a little girl. So far I've had a very healthy, but also very uncomfortable, pregnancy. I can't wait to meet my little girl.
welcome-byc.gif

I hope you and KellyHM both have easy labors. You don't have much more to go either.

I'm about on the fourth month at actually trying using OV kits and prenatals vitamins without any luck. It was about 4-5 months before I started using OV kits that we stopped not trying to not get pregnant. I'm a little worried. Maybe after this month we will get tested just to make sure there isn't anything wrong. I've never taken a BC pill so I figured I'd have an easy time getting pregnant. Might be due to the stress of us getting everything set up to build a house.

Well, Kinley Jean made her arrival on 7/29 as planned! She was soooo much easier on me then my son! With him I was in labor 12 hours, pushed for 2.5 hours, and ended up having a forceps delivery with multiple tears and trauma, so I couldn't walk for 2 solid weeks. With this one I was only in labor for just over 6 hours, and pushed for maybe 3 minutes. She was in the same incorrect position as my son, but was able to be turned easily since her head was not gigantic like his. LOL. No rips, tears, or anything else! I was up taking a shower that night, which I never could have imagined with him and have been able to be my usual busy self after less than a week. Breastfeeding is so much easier this time too b/c my son was tongue-tied and she isn't. We have definitely been blessed!

Congratulations KellyHM!!

I am still stalking this thread off and on. Carly will be a year old the 27th of this month and all I can think about is having her a sibling. My only real holdup so far is that having her killed my thyroid so I haven't lost one single pregnancy pound. I gained 32 with her and have added 10 more since. Once the docs get my thyroid meds worked out and I can shed some weight, I'll be back to join the thread hopefully.

Hubby says he had a dream that Isabella was going to have a brother or sister. This he told HER, our 10-month-old.
hide.gif
I went off BC this month.

As a side note, those of you who are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, I have a cute newborn beanie to share I can make for you:

Back
Top Bottom