Expectant parent club! Where the pregnant people hang out.

How much iron are you suppose to take? My prenatals are the gummy kind and don't have any iron or calcium. I figured I'd take the gummy calcium that my MIL has till I see a doctor but I have no clue about the iron. The doctors around here don't bring you in till the 8th week. I know to take the iron at separate times than the rest and with food. I don't want to overdose but I don't really eat enough foods that have iron.

Are there any good websites to get free stuff or coupons. I plan on nursing so I don't care about the formula but I wouldn't mind trying some other products like bathing supplies and other such items. I may use cloth diapers so any samples relating to them I wouldn't mind trying. I don't want to accidently sign up to a fraud site.

Last edited:
How much iron are you suppose to take? My prenatals are the gummy kind and don't have any iron or calcium. I figured I'd take the gummy calcium that my MIL has till I see a doctor but I have no clue about the iron. The doctors around here don't bring you in till the 8th week. I know to take the iron at separate times than the rest and with food. I don't want to overdose but I don't really eat enough foods that have iron.

Are there any good websites to get free stuff or coupons. I plan on nursing so I don't care about the formula but I wouldn't mind trying some other products like bathing supplies and other such items. I may use cloth diapers so any samples relating to them I wouldn't mind trying. I don't want to accidently sign up to a fraud site.
Well my iron needs and yours are probably different. I get anemic so I take quite a lot of iron. I do have a full spectrum prenatal though. It has iron and calcium in it. They make an iron that is gentle on the stomach now so it's not that necessary to take it with food. I take my prenatal before bed and that's it. Been taking the same prenatal for about 4 years now. No ill effects.

I'm not sure about free stuff sites. I am a member of Cafemom.com If you can ignore the vast amounts of drama (bunch of woman in one place, yeah) it's great. They have birth month groups so it's alot of people with a lot of knowledge in the same situation as you. Join!

I have a bathtub recommendation though. It's a blue wale tub with a green insert for infants. It was WONDERFUL! Best bathtub ever! Still have it and the second child will be using it too!

went to hospital the night before last with suspected leaking amniotic fluid. After a wait of several hours, had a very painful internal examination, was told they think I'm ok and was sent home at 3am.

My sleep pattern is totally disrupted, so I'm constantly exhausted.

went to hospital the night before last with suspected leaking amniotic fluid. After a wait of several hours, had a very painful internal examination, was told they think I'm ok and was sent home at 3am.

My sleep pattern is totally disrupted, so I'm constantly exhausted.
Sounds like you aren't having a good pregnancy. When are you due?

7th of November.
Not long now, only 9 weeks

I have to nag to get the bedroom sorted, because I can't do it myself and currently we can't fit a cot in there... baby will need somewhere to sleep!

7th of November.
Not long now, only 9 weeks

I have to nag to get the bedroom sorted, because I can't do it myself and currently we can't fit a cot in there... baby will need somewhere to sleep!
The nerve wracking time! I remember watching my husband swear up and down and all around as he put the bassinet together. Ah good memories. Like the day I was supposed to be induced and he was screaming around the house because the car seat wouldn't go in the car. I had a bloody nose that wouldn't stop and was terrified and crying. Was late to the hospital and all day everyone knew I was the late one with the bloody nose and hysterical husband. Good times! I hope yours is 10x smoother than that!

I can do that part, it's moving the existing furniture around to do so that I have trouble with!

so... yeah. Fiance and friend can do it, hopefully this weekend!

and hopefully I should get a date for my caesarian this week, so I'll know my deadlines :)

Last edited:
I can do that part, it's moving the existing furniture around to do so that I have trouble with!

so... yeah. Fiance and friend can do it, hopefully this weekend!

and hopefully I should get a date for my caesarian this week, so I'll know my deadlines :)
Ohh. It is nice to know when the baby is coming. Then you can make sure everything is done. This your first? Breast feeding?? I planned to BF my first but the hospital totally thwarted me on that. I won't let them do it a second time. THey'll give you this song and dance about the baby's sugar dropping and needing to be fed RIGHT NOW! It's lies. Don't let them make you panic! If you'r bottle feeding anyway then disregard.

Ohh. It is nice to know when the baby is coming. Then you can make sure everything is done. This your first? Breast feeding?? I planned to BF my first but the hospital totally thwarted me on that. I won't let them do it a second time. THey'll give you this song and dance about the baby's sugar dropping and needing to be fed RIGHT NOW! It's lies. Don't let them make you panic! If you'r bottle feeding anyway then disregard.
I'd hate to be in your shoes. I feel rushed already and I'm only 6 weeks along. Our building a house project got slowed up with the survey taking a month to do and other problems so I'm worrying if we will be in our own house next year. I know I'll end up in the same boat at some point though with getting everything ready.

I agree with furbabymum about the breastfeeding. If you plan on doing it make sure they get the baby to you quickly after the c-section before they offer the baby a bottle. My MIL had a long 17 hour labor for my husband and they didn't bring the baby to her right away probably for her to recover and by the time she got to try to nurse he was already attached to the bottle.

There is a bottle on the medela site called the Calma. It makes the baby work for the milk like it would have to do when nursing. I've read some reviews of women loving it since it helped them feed when their babies were having problems. It got their latch skills down better. I may buy one once I get further along at least sometime after the 12 week mark. If for some reason I can't nurse right away I want the hospital to use that bottle if possible so when I can nurse it might make an easier switch. I'll use pumps if I need to for the milk. I'd rather not use the formula cause of the cost, not trusting what might be in it, and benefits from the breast milk.

Back
Top Bottom