Extra sleepy two day old chick keeps eyes closed a lot

Hey guys, I checked on the chick this morning and he seems to be doing a little better. Still very sleepy and weak but he’s eating and drinking a lot. I’m going to the store today to pick up some electrolytes and other things that might help him. Thanks so much for all of your help!

when it stands with its eyes closed does it peep loudly
Ok so I’ve been monitoring the chick all day and he just started peeping loudly when he’s standing there with his eyes closed. He’s been doing it a lot for about 15 minutes now. Is that a bad thing? I got him electrolytes and probiotics that I mixed in with his water. Right now I’m just hoping for the best.

It means he isn’t feeling well at all just keep giving him tlc he may pull through but like some people said some chicks just don’t thrive but keep on believing he will be okay just have lots of hope

It means he isn’t feeling well at all just keep giving him tlc he may pull through but like some people said some chicks just don’t thrive but keep on believing he will be okay just have lots of hope
Ok I will thank you so much for your help. I’ll tell you if he gets better

thanks, I will be praying for him I believe God put animals on this earth for our enjoyment he hates to see us sad so I believe he will be just fine
Yeah he did. He put them on this earth so we could love them and take care of them and that’s exactly what I’m doing! I’ll be praying a lot for him too because I really am worried about him. I totally believe God can make him better but I know if he doesn’t its for a learning experience for me :)

I had one that did that and then I noticed him straining and no poop coming out. Are you sure this chick is making poop?
Last time I saw him poop was yesterday I’m sure he’s pooped after that but I haven’t seen it. It was runny and green instead of more firm and brown like the other chicks so that did worry me. I haven’t seen him straining though.

Back
Top Bottom