Eye infection????

Bahahaha!!
I put 2 to bed dirty tonight since I had to dump all pools because of the weather, and when I went in to put another to bed saw them in there preening themselves so maybe they spit on their feathers and preen them clean.
idunno.gif

How's your ducks eye looking this eve?

[I use to be able to spell]
hmm.png

Last edited:
I put 2 to bed dirty tonight since I had to dump all pools because of the weather, and when I went in to put another to bed saw them in there preening themselves so maybe they spit on their feathers and preen them clean. :idunno

How's your ducks eye looking this eve?

[I use to be able to spell] :/

Haha! Maybe they do! *sigh* still looks the same
1f612.png
. I'm really hoping to finish up with the new section to either seperate the 3 younger girls or the drakes, haven't decided yet I keep going back n forth on a decsion. It's been raining plus my daughter was sick. It's been one road block after another!!! However my baby Khaki that had the hurt leg that wouldn't come out of the house, made her way out the other day and is doing great not even limping. Pheeew, one thing after another lately!!! I'll prob end up crating her in their house tho which I was hoping I wouldn't have to do esp since she's acting normal. But it doesn't seem to getting worse anymore, but not better either. Frustrating. Forgot to bring my phone out to get a pic when I went out to treat her
1f612.png

I should also add I do see her every once in awhile shake her head, likes she's trying to shake something off. Not much and not for long. That's the only odd thing she does, other than that acts normal

Last edited:
Haha! Maybe they do! *sigh* still looks the same
1f612.png
. I'm really hoping to finish up with the new section to either seperate the 3 younger girls or the drakes, haven't decided yet I keep going back n forth on a decsion. It's been raining plus my daughter was sick. It's been one road block after another!!! However my baby Khaki that had the hurt leg that wouldn't come out of the house, made her way out the other day and is doing great not even limping. Pheeew, one thing after another lately!!! I'll prob end up crating her in their house tho which I was hoping I wouldn't have to do esp since she's acting normal. But it doesn't seem to getting worse anymore, but not better either. Frustrating. Forgot to bring my phone out to get a pic when I went out to treat her
1f612.png

I should also add I do see her every once in awhile shake her head, likes she's trying to shake something off. Not much and not for long. That's the only odd thing she does, other than that acts normal
Are you spraying her eye with Veterycin also? Shaking her head may mean it's bothering her. you haven't seen her scratching it?

Are you spraying her eye with Veterycin also? Shaking her head may mean it's bothering her. you haven't seen her scratching it?

She's not scratching, She's not shaking her head when or after I treat her, just see her doing it during the day every once and awhile and in the am after letting them out (except for this morning she didn't) it's not a lot just a shake or 2 then she goes about her business. Been doing the Vetercyin at night, Saline in the Am. Neither appear to hurt her she doesn't seem to mind or get squirmy when I dab her with a soft cloth with solution

She's not scratching, She's not shaking her head when or after I treat her, just see her doing it during the day every once and awhile and in the am after letting them out (except for this morning she didn't) it's not a lot just a shake or 2 then she goes about her business. Been doing the Vetercyin at night, Saline in the Am. Neither appear to hurt her she doesn't seem to mind or get squirmy when I dab her with a soft cloth with solution
Hopefully if you stay persistent with treatment it will clear up. you might look for some Terramycin eye ointment next time your at the feed store and try it too. maybe switch treatments day to day to see which one does the job.

There's nothing in there. Her eye stays open as normal like she's not squinting or anything like that. Here's a pic. The skin feels sorta hard around her eye, maybe it's just scabbing over now????

It looks horrible! But I can assure you everything else is normal. So???

I would be putting antibiotic cream (not ointment) behind and under the eye - is her ear involved at all?
[/quote
I would be putting antibiotic cream (not ointment) behind and under the eye - is her ear involved at all?

I don't think her ear is involved???
1f633.png
How would I check lol please excuse such a stupid question! Should I do the antibiotic cream (I have reg cream nothing added) along with my spray or??

Not sure why there's a double quote stupid phone

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom