dfunnyfarm

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
ks
Ok who has an obsesion with fabric?
I'll start
My name is Stephanie and I am a fabricholic. LOL
I can't walk by the fabric at the store without buying some.

My sister! She quilted for several years and has enough fabric to make a quilt for everyone in the US. Then she got into knitting and has enough yarn to make sweaters to go with the quilts for everyone in the US. The last year she has gotten into weaving - she is at weaving classes this whole week. Now she has enough fiber - sheep, goat, alpaca etc. - to spin into yarn to make scarves to go with the sweaters to go with the quilts for everyone in the US. If her house in PA ever catches on fire, you will be able to see the flames in CA. I love her dearly and she makes beautiful handicrafts but if she lives to be 200 she will never use all the fabric, yarn and fiber she has now.

I used to work in a fabric store! I collected a lot of fabric. I haven't had time to sew like I used to, so I was telling myself to give away my boxes of fabric. As I was going through them, touching & feeling my beautiful collection of fabric I decided there was NO WAY I could them up! LOL My name is Dana and I am a fabricaholic!
yippiechickie.gif

:: raises hand :: Yup, fabric-holic here too
tongue.png
The worst is when you find a beautiful piece and you are so afraid to use it for fear that you will want it later....
barnie.gif

I'm not a fabric person, but every time I see the title of your thread, I think "what the heck is fabirc?". Maybe if you edited it, you'd get more fabric people joining in.

(My mom was a fabric person and a good sewer. When she died, my sister inherited the whole pile of fabric. I think she still has it after over ten years.)

frow.gif
I ALWAYS check the fabric depts. I don't always buy, but always looking. AND, our fabric dept is going out of business at the closest Walmart to me! While I've been getting great buys, makes me sad! Always needing ribbons for little girl hairbows, and lace for the socks, and buttons, and the list goes on!
Hey, she is now into headbands....anyone know how to wrap a headband with ribbon? Mine don't look quite right....
hu.gif

Not sure... but maybe you need ribbon that shifts on the bias to get it nice and flat? I'm sure if you Google... you will find
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom