Quote:
Misty,
How old is this bird.
Dick

Quote:
wink.png

Thanks Clover...
tongue.png
Dick, he's just now learning his crow, so not that Old at all... Anyone help me with his color and how to use it, or if I even should, ect??

Quote:
He's young, and that's what adolescent salmon cockerels look like. Awful.
smile.png
Wait a few months until he molts again. Most likely he will look a lot different, more like a typical salmon boy.

Quote:
smile.png
Wait a few months until he molts again. Most likely he will look a lot different, more like a typical salmon boy.

Hi Cindy...I've raised other salmons and none of them were ever silver in color, always a yellowish, so I'm uncertian. Wish you or someone were a bit closer to view him in person. I'll give it time and see what he looks like in a few more months. Thanks so much.

I have a couple of young cockerels now that are very light/silver. One has almost white hackles/saddle feathers so I don't think it's that unusual.

I can try to get a pic of him tomorrow but it will be without the sun. Or the beer cans.
big_smile.png
7 am is too early for beer.

Quote:
I would love to see your two guys when/if time allows. This little boy is nice so far, the color just stumpd me
tongue.png
Haha, not hard to do at my age though!

Quote:
smile.png

Hi Cindy...I've raised other salmons and none of them were ever silver in color, always a yellowish, so I'm uncertian. Wish you or someone were a bit closer to view him in person. I'll give it time and see what he looks like in a few more months. Thanks so much.

I thought he was very young. You need to wait till he moults then you will see his colors change. Salmon Faverolles are basically silver weatons. This is one thing I don't like about Faverolles. You can tell how the pullets will look with very little change in their color after they moult. Its different with the cockerels. You have to hold on to them longer to see their true colors. That's just the way it goes.
Dick

Thanks Dick, I appreciate all the help from you and Cindy. He's a sweet bird and very "wide", so I hope he matures well.

Back
Top Bottom