Faverolles Thread

Quote:
I will get some tomorrow. He has some long spurs on him so he's definitely an older boy. Maybe 3-4 years old?

If I remember right, the boy I hatched but the girl, not sure

Hi Kassandra

Quote:
I will get some tomorrow. He has some long spurs on him so he's definitely an older boy. Maybe 3-4 years old?

If I remember right, the boy I hatched but the girl, not sure

Hi Kassandra

I remember what you said when I picked them up she was a young one you got from Dick. She is a great layers though!

Peter,

I see you live in Tampa, FL and wanted to know if that is where you raised your Faverolles? I ask because I live in Texas, and am about to raise some Faverolles in Austin. I just read an article by the British Faverolles Society that said Faverolles don't do well in Australia because of the heat and tend to lose their size. Well it gets real hot in Texas as well and am a bit concerned about this. Do you have any experience to share on heat and Faverolles?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hey Leisha,

Yes it is me and I made it home safe and sound. Thanks again for all your and your husband's help and info at the show. I learned so much! I have made contact with Ron and hopefully will hatch some chicks in November.

Hello Everyones,
Leisha and I were talking and we thought it was time for the Faverolles Fanciers to have a new website! So this week we have both been busy designing and testing our new site. Remember we just made the site this week so its still young and may have some mistakes if you find any just email me at [email protected] or PM me on here and I will work to get it fixed ASAP. The site will not appear in google and yahoo searches for a few weeks so I will just post the URL here. http://faverollesfanciers.webs.com/

Henry

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I have been getting on BYC every now and then but I havn't really had time to post much. I am still raising Favs! I am just cutting back to Large and Bantam whites only, and I may work on the large favs in other colors if space permits me to. I decided I could let the salmons go for now as Dick and Peter are back in the game so I can focus on the whites. Dick can tell you this has always been my color, at least as far as the favs go. I had a set back with my bantam whites in that I lost both of my breeding males I had, but I did hatch a few out so I can use them this spring for hatching. I couldn't make it to the nationals in Illinois due to family problems but am looking forward the Indy next year. I love the whites and since Sharon no longer raises them, don't want to see them fall by the wayside.

I did do an experimental cross to make a different line of large blues and what I got for the F1 cross was a just a few chicks, neither had 5 toes, but both had lightly feathered legs and a good beard and muff. They are still too young to see how they are going to turn out, but I plan on crossing them back to a white to see what happens, once again, if space permits.

I'll try to be more active again on here as well as help with the club when I can.

David

Back
Top Bottom