Favorite Quotes Anyone?? INSPIRATIONAL..

"you have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something,sometime in your life."

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"happiness does not depend on outward things,but on the way we see them."

"The differane between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' the pig was 'comitted'."

"Religion is no more the parent of morality than an incubator is the mother of a chicken."

"Its erotic if you're using a feather, its kinky if you're using the whole darn chicken."

My two favorite are:

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Gandhi

An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching. -Gandhi

Always remember you are unique, just like everyone else. -Unknown

My God Sister's Dad used to say " everythang blinkin ain't turnin. Country wisdom at it's best- Think about it for a minute - it's kind of profound and so true.

Mother Theresa said, "I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but I wish some days he didn't trust me so much." Probably not exact, but so true, and I have felt that way many times. . .but if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it. There is a poem called "Tune of the Master Weaver", and there is a line that says something about the rhyme and reason of the weave or something like that. I need to google it and see if I can find it . . .beautiful sentiment, and helped through a very difficult time when my mom died. I also like, the old song Turn, Turn, Turn about there is a season to be born, to die . . .wonderful sentiment there too, and I am sure it came from some other writings. . .I think if we would all just set quietly and think about this wonderful ole' world, and what it took to be created, we would find an inner peace and it would take us through whatever we are dealing with. Everything we suffer, Jesus suffered before us . . .and he understands. If anyone is familiar with "The Secret", it has wonderful beliefs, and is not anti-religious in any way. . . actually mentions scriptures and books of the Bible. I keep a copy of the creed in my bedroom and look at it every day.

Quote:
Here you go...

My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.

Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,