Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to try it!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Um...maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
There's a small festival/swap meet/farmer's market that I have to work every Thursday here. I was looking around last Thursday with a co-worker and I saw a booth with a mannequin head wearing a wig and feather hair extensions. It didn't look as good as some of the pictures I've seen, like the feather was obviously dangling.

I am seeing mostly "older" women wearing them, perhaps because of the cost?

Reminds me of Indians
lol.png

I was just at an art/town festival, and there were several tents selling/putting in/advertising them.
tongue.png

I think I'd feel really bad wearing them, even if the roosters are treated humanely and euthanized. I'm just like that, though.
tongue.png

My friend is a stylist and she has just one feather extension in her hair. It looks really nice on her. For me...well....my hair is just shy of being a men's haircut so I'd look pretty darn funny with a feather extension hanging out of it.
lol.png

My grand daughter is 9 and she got two of the "regular" skinny dyed feathers at the salon for $20. We culled an EE rooster last week and she wanted to keep his feathers. The local (very small town) salon owner put 2 of them in her hair for $1 each. The shaft was too thick to get into the bead, but she just sliced some off with a razor and it worked perfectly. Kind of funky if you are over 13 years old I Think, but she really likes it.

I think they are interesting and had the idea that maybe I could get a couple of those long skinny feathers off of one of my Roosters. Then play around with them and see how a hair clip could be made etc. Herschal did not appreciate my attempt! Needless to say I only tried once.
big_smile.png

Quote:
i doubt it's the cost.. probably reliving the "good old days"!

yeah.. some of us old hippies used to wear feathers in our hair back in the day... lol

ep.gif
Really! So this is an old trend coming back into style, cool.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom