February 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
It’s lockdown tomorrow evening! So excited. Will do a final candle too. Also picking up 2 x purebred Silkie and 1 Silkie feathered Silkie/Pekin Bantam x. Spent the day working on an extension of the chicken coop run. Currently it’s about 4x4 meters (not including the coop area itself. With the extension it’ll be an extra 12 meters longer. Guys, at the moment I only have two hens, one roo and four teenage chicks in there, plus these three POL hens picking up tomorrow. 😂 Then onto building a seperate purebred Silkie run and coop! Chicken math lol

It’s lockdown tomorrow evening! So excited. Will do a final candle too. Also picking up 2 x purebred Silkie and 1 Silkie feathered Silkie/Pekin Bantam x. Spent the day working on an extension of the chicken coop run. Currently it’s about 4x4 meters (not including the coop area itself. With the extension it’ll be an extra 12 meters longer. Guys, at the moment I only have two hens, one roo and four teenage chicks in there, plus these three POL hens picking up tomorrow. 😂 Then onto building a seperate purebred Silkie run and coop! Chicken math lol
Congrats on the new Silkies!😀

I'm gonna join yall if that's ok!
I put 7 eggs in incubator yesterday for a February 18 hatch date!
Had no intentions of doing this hatch but when my "hair brained ideas" hit and my three 10 month old silkies (roo n 2 hens) were rehomed together I was blessed to find my lighter splash had laid me a fertile egg the day they were to leave! Both have been broody for bout a week so this was a HUGE surprise! She was my lightest splash so hoping the baby will be a pretty blue!
All are silkies and should vary in shades of blue from a black roo to 2 splash!
This hatch is from my first babies!
IMG_20220127_180546_181.jpg

Had no intentions of doing this hatch but when my "hair brained ideas" hit and my three 10 month old silkies (roo n 2 hens) were rehomed together I was blessed to find my lighter splash had laid me a fertile egg the day they were to leave! Both have been broody for bout a week so this was a HUGE surprise! She was my lightest splash so hoping the baby will be a pretty blue!
View attachment 2976574
So exciting! 😍More Silkies on this hatch-a-long!:wee:wee:wee

View attachment 2976574

The more the merrier. I have currently 24 eggs in the bator. 11 due on the 14th, and 13 due the 18th.

My eggs are barnyard mixes. The ones due the 14th are a mix of Plymouth Rock, Leghorn, Rhode Island, Ameraucana, Sussex, Maran, Black Star, Delaware, New Hampshire, Buff Orpington, Turkens, Serama, Golden Comet, Polish, Wyandotte. Should be an interesting hatch. Although being there was damage in shipping. I have 5 in that set that looks good.

The 13 due on the 18th are 1 Barnevelder, 1 Buckeye, 2 Olive Egger, 1 F3 Olive Egger, 2 Fibro Egger, 1 Orpington, 1 Orpington/EE, 1 Blue Maran, 1 Whiting True Blue, 2 Blue Maran/Whiting True Blue. The eggs were marked with the hen they are from. The roosters could be any of these breeds, Ayam Cemani, Golden Cuckoo Marans, Black Copper Marans, Chocolate Orpington, Russian Orloff, Blue Marans, or Blue Birchen Ameraucana

Both sets are shipped eggs, but in the second set, the eggs were not damaged in shipping. It will be interesting to see what I get. These eggs are for my egg flock. I also have some bantam cochin eggs I am waiting on. Hoping they arrive this week. If I can set them by the 10th they will be due to hatch by the end of the month. So it would be three sets due this month.

The more the merrier. I have currently 24 eggs in the bator. 11 due on the 14th, and 13 due the 18th.

My eggs are barnyard mixes. The ones due the 14th are a mix of Plymouth Rock, Leghorn, Rhode Island, Ameraucana, Sussex, Maran, Black Star, Delaware, New Hampshire, Buff Orpington, Turkens, Serama, Golden Comet, Polish, Wyandotte. Should be an interesting hatch. Although being there was damage in shipping. I have 5 in that set that looks good.

The 13 due on the 18th are 1 Barnevelder, 1 Buckeye, 2 Olive Egger, 1 F3 Olive Egger, 2 Fibro Egger, 1 Orpington, 1 Orpington/EE, 1 Blue Maran, 1 Whiting True Blue, 2 Blue Maran/Whiting True Blue. The eggs were marked with the hen they are from. The roosters could be any of these breeds, Ayam Cemani, Golden Cuckoo Marans, Black Copper Marans, Chocolate Orpington, Russian Orloff, Blue Marans, or Blue Birchen Ameraucana

Both sets are shipped eggs, but in the second set, the eggs were not damaged in shipping. It will be interesting to see what I get. These eggs are for my egg flock. I also have some bantam cochin eggs I am waiting on. Hoping they arrive this week. If I can set them by the 10th they will be due to hatch by the end of the month. So it would be three sets due this month.
So I am not the only one doing staggered hatches this month! I always tell myself I will not do it again, but here we are!🤣
My hatch dates are Feb 1, Feb 5, Feb 8, Feb 9 and Feb 16!
What a great mix of breeds you have! Looking forward to seeing the chicks you hatch.😊

View attachment 2976574

Aww they're beautiful! I hope you have a great hatch!

Did a day 13 candle as I had 2 I wanted to check in on. Still going well with 8/10 and all active. :wootBut, on my 3 smallest they compare more to photos of day 15. Should I possibly lockdown a day or two early? My biggest concern is I cannot see inside without removing the lid and I would hate to open the lid with intent on just moving them around and have a pip and cause a shrink wrap. Has anyone successfully used a wireless camera inside their incubator?

Back
Top Bottom