February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Yeah, my cat loved to sleep on it and hop on it and adjustable top opening I left kept getting thrown wide open or shut so it would swing from 94 to 104 in like 6 hours andI'd adjust and just kept happening way too much. Currently Trying to get it balanced out in the bathroom. Had to add some water to get it over 20% humidity and that dropped the temp lol. Eggs should ship tomorrow so should be here Thursday or Friday and then be put in the 'bator Friday or Saturday.

Always add warm water

Yeah, it was warm water. It's being temperamental because of the heater drying out the air. Temp up, humid down, humid up, temp down. Right now I think I found a balance at 45-47% humid and 99-100 degrees. Fingers crossed.

Is that an incubator or warming dome?

It's an incubator, but it was designed to also be used as a warming dome or brooder if desired. There were separate sections you could purchase to make it taller or create doorways but they're discontinued.

I am doing chicken eggs and everything i have seen is saying 18. Do you have much luck with chicken eggs locking down early?

Chicken eggs get a humidity increase on day 18. In summer I had an early hatch on days 18 and 19. I believe it's because everything was running a little too warm.

These are my hatches for the week. First was a chick and a guinea fowl keet, then 2 chicks and then 2 chicks yesterday. They were staggered but a bit too close because we had a heatwave and I wasn't storing the eggs more than a couple of days. These are the first hatches that have been on time up until now all the hatches were 1 to 2 or more days late so I must finally have the temperatures right but I think the humidity could be a bit out as some eggs still aren't hatching. Still very happy with the results.
The chicks are all from belgian duccle milliefluers.
20190219_234812.jpg

These are my hatches for the week. First was a chick and a guinea fowl keet, then 2 chicks and then 2 chicks yesterday. They were staggered but a bit too close because we had a heatwave and I wasn't storing the eggs more than a couple of days. These are the first hatches that have been on time up until now all the hatches were 1 to 2 or more days late so I must finally have the temperatures right but I think the humidity could be a bit out as some eggs still aren't hatching. Still very happy with the results.
The chicks are all from belgian duccle milliefluers.
View attachment 1678269

All very cute!

My humidity got too high in the night and moisture dripped on some of my eggs. :( Praying they survive. Halfway through day 19.

A few drips that late in the hatch I don't think will do any real harm. Unless the humidity was like 80+% for a bunch of hours it shouldn't be that bad either. Think what happens when a hen is sitting on a nest and it rains.

A few drips that late in the hatch I don't think will do any real harm. Unless the humidity was like 80+% for a bunch of hours it shouldn't be that bad either. Think what happens when a hen is sitting on a nest and it rains.

Thank you for your reply. It didn't get above 75. I am so anxious.The first 72 hours and these last 24 have been the hardest. I hope we get at least one chick from all of this. :)

A few drips that late in the hatch I don't think will do any real harm. Unless the humidity was like 80+% for a bunch of hours it shouldn't be that bad either. Think what happens when a hen is sitting on a nest and it rains.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom