February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Does the one looking like EE have 5 toes? Possible Favorolle?
Nope just 4, the roo was either a Barred Rock (who I’m assuming is the dad) or an “olive egger” that I have no clue whats mixed into, I’ll have to go and look at their birds again and see who caused it.

This is the EE
822F2334-7968-4428-B6EB-9C0A6484C71C.jpeg

And this is the BR
38C0686B-41A9-4705-9C10-B2898A5C70AE.jpeg

Since I wanted them even before we bought the chickens we have, and to help relieve the stress of waiting for eggs to hatch (halfway through day 21), plus the brooder was already warm, and well, chicken math. We went to our local feed store and bought two chicks, a buff Orpington, and an EE (if it is true that was is being sold at feed stores are not Amaraucana, but are really ee.). Of course they are adorable and have their own personalities already. The BO was claimed by my son and named Bob the builder. The EE is my daughter's and named Baby Blue.View attachment 1680935

Cute :) Yeah, from what I hear well over 90% of Ameraucanas sold at feed stores, Tractor Supply and similar are easter eggers. Nothing wrong with EE. They are generally good birds :)

Nope just 4, the roo was either a Barred Rock (who I’m assuming is the dad) or an “olive egger” that I have no clue whats mixed into, I’ll have to go and look at their birds again and see who caused it.

This is the EE
View attachment 1681070

And this is the BR
View attachment 1681069

To my knowledge, Oliver Eggers don't tend to have feathered feet nor a beard. Beards are limited to a handful of breeds really. Will be interested to see what the chick turns out to be :)

Back
Top Bottom