February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
The chick is quite dried and it seems to be black with white ended wings and white on its chest/stomach but it also looks like it’ll have feathered feet? And it came from a welsummer egg so I’m definitely interested on what it’ll look like in a week :p, looks nothing like a welsummer I wonder what the daddy was

Unless daddy was a total mixed breed, (which mixed breed was listed I just opted out) I would say Maran is the likely daddy if there are feathered feet or favorolle. 5 toes?
Oh forgot Cochim in listed in the group as well, but if half that, feet should be ver fluffy lol

Last edited:
I candled the three eggs. One of the light ones has movement, one I am doubtful about. It might have a blood ring, but I can't see clearly. The last one is a Marans and all I can see for sure are some healthy blood veins near the air sac. 6 hours left in day 22.

I candled the three eggs. One of the light ones has movement, one I am doubtful about. It might have a blood ring, but I can't see clearly. The last one is a Marans and all I can see for sure are some healthy blood veins near the air sac. 6 hours left in day 22.
Don't worry too much. Almost all mine have been hatching late even 3 or 4 days over. They are mostly healthy chicks despite the delay. I raised the temperature in the main incubator and they are now starting to hatch mostly on time.

Unless daddy was a total mixed breed, (which mixed breed was listed I just opted out) I would say Maran is the likely daddy if there are feathered feet or favorolle. 5 toes?
Oh forgot Cochim in listed in the group as well, but if half that, feet should be ver fluffy lol
Nope not 5 toes, normal 4. It’s feet isn’t like verryy feathery but you can tell there will be feathers once it grows. It’s already like running around and eating everything in sight lol.

Attachments

• A126E85D-2E54-40B7-B993-9B1B570E38F7.jpeg
    A126E85D-2E54-40B7-B993-9B1B570E38F7.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom