February Hatch-A-Long

So unfortunately the last egg didn’t make it and had piped internally but never externally :(

But I am slowly getting to the bottom of my ee chick, the hen looked like this ECB85E42-BA7F-47FB-AF8D-63C112DD8DCF.jpeg
And she said they had a reddish rooster with fuffy feet at the time so I’m thinking that must be the daddy, maybe a buff Brahma? But then I can’t help but notice the chick is grey, how??? Just more mysteries for me lol

Also all those chickies are so precious! :love

My February chicks are doing well. Here are some updated photos of the mixed hatch survivors that the PO played football with.

Nice bunch and must be tough to have survived a USPS game.

Someone should stop me lol I just bought more eggs and they are such neat possible breeds :eek:
Ayam Cemani, Mosaics, Copper Marans, Blue Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Swedish Flower Hens (5 or more of these guaranteed), White Bresse, Barbezieux, Legbars, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Brakels, Silver laced Orpingtons, Altsteirers, Silver Campine, Isbars

Someone should stop me lol I just bought more eggs and they are such neat possible breeds :eek:
Ayam Cemani, Mosaics, Copper Marans, Blue Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Swedish Flower Hens (5 or more of these guaranteed), White Bresse, Barbezieux, Legbars, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Brakels, Silver laced Orpingtons, Altsteirers, Silver Campine, Isbars

Well, if I was over there where you are at, I could let you put those in my second incubator. Would that stop you? :lau

This has been a tiring experience. I had one pip yesterday while we were out, but it died. There was yellow fluid that had come out. It looked like the membrane suffocated it. :( Maybe the fluid glued it on? A second one pipped sometime after, but was having trouble getting out (or so I worried...After the death of the first, and because it was day 23). I assisted. It is alive, but still struggling to get around well. It was out of the shell around 10:30 pm last night. 3 other eggs are at day 21 today. No pips yet.

Back
Top Bottom