February Hatch-A-Long

Pics
So i've set my second incubator its an Incuview with the clear lid. My humidity has been 50-55%, I am hopeful this is good. These are the two first test batches for these machines. I hate there is a learning curve here but I am doing what I think is best. Saying daily prayers over the eggs :fl . 18 eggs

Good luck on your test batch!

Thank you! Both machines are new but I can already see 3 days in that I like the styrofoam Farm innovators more. The numbers have been more where i want them more reliably with less constant modifying (more water, turn up the heat, open/close the vent hole ect...). The room they are in's temp and humidity is playing a huge role, I wasn't prepared for how much this seems to affect things. I figured if the room stayed between 65-70 it would be ok. Not so much, they like it when the room is 72-75 but not 76 lol

Thank you! Both machines are new but I can already see 3 days in that I like the styrofoam Farm innovators more. The numbers have been more where i want them more reliably with less constant modifying (more water, turn up the heat, open/close the vent hole ect...). The room they are in's temp and humidity is playing a huge role, I wasn't prepared for how much this seems to affect things. I figured if the room stayed between 65-70 it would be ok. Not so much, they like it when the room is 72-75 but not 76 lol

This was my first hatching ever, and I used a DIY styrofoam incubator. It took me forever to figure out how to regulate that dang thing! Lol. We had some wild swings in temp here in Florida when I first set them too, but they made it through.

How many eggs can they hold? I'm curious about actual purchased incubators, though I'm not sure when I'll try this again myself. They seem to be so expensive!

I have never successfully hatched chicken eggs. Only duck. I've only tried hatching 3 times, ducks (success), geese (fail) and chickens (fail). This will be my 4th attempt at a hatch. I believe my dad used to turn his turner off on day 17 and up humidity day 18 and hatch would start 19 and 20 with the stragglers being 21 and 22.

Oh last year the animals kept disturbing my incubator and the temp fluctuated way too much. With my ducks, I hatched 100% off all eggs that made it past the first candling. Then last year hatched zero chickens, both from my backyard and shipped. A handful made it to lockdown but none hatched. I have moved the incubator to the bathroom so no cat or dogs to knock it around in there.
My incubators are in the bathroom too for the same reason :)

So i've set my second incubator its an Incuview with the clear lid. My humidity has been 50-55%, I am hopeful this is good. These are the two first test batches for these machines. I hate there is a learning curve here but I am doing what I think is best. Saying daily prayers over the eggs :fl . 18 eggs
I'm up to around 112 days running new incubators and only just getting them sorted the last couple of weeks, temperature too low, temperature too high, etc but they are finally starting to hatch on due day so I'm happy.

Yeah, my cat loved to sleep on it and hop on it and adjustable top opening I left kept getting thrown wide open or shut so it would swing from 94 to 104 in like 6 hours andI'd adjust and just kept happening way too much. Currently Trying to get it balanced out in the bathroom. Had to add some water to get it over 20% humidity and that dropped the temp lol. Eggs should ship tomorrow so should be here Thursday or Friday and then be put in the 'bator Friday or Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom