February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
cu.PNG

These are my own hen eggs. They are not in a turner, just resting cups. day 7 or so and fertile. I am hoping some of the tan eggs may be LO mix, they are not all LO though. the dark brown in the middle is a welsummer egg. the dark egg to the far right is a BCM egg, it is behind the others, and is so dark it is hard to tell if it is fertile, (I lost my good candler.) Up date- I opened a diff BCM egg from same hen it was not fertile, so I only have the other 5.

Last edited:
Is there a March 2021 HAL? I would think so but I'm not finding it. Got some eggs I'll be starting today.
I’ve been looking for a March hatch along as well! Looks like nobody started one yet, we can start one sounds like there’s several that are going to be setting eggs here. I’m expecting 25 more Silkie eggs by the end of this month. Happy to start the thread if nobody else wants to make the move!😊

my first chick just hatched. It's only 1 out of 3 and I cracked 1 of the eggs but it was my first attempt after 10 years of no incubating so mistakes were made! Finally decided to try again and have 18 eggs I am adding now which will probably hatch in March but looks like that thread was just started.

Back
Top Bottom