February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
Sad day over here. I by accident didn’t completely press through the menu on my Brinsea when I turned the turner and cooling function off last night in preparation for lockdown and it stopped heating 😐 Eggs were cold tonight when I went to candle them. No warnings went off and the fan didn’t stop, so I had no clue this was happening during the day. I turned the incubator back on in the hopes that maybe a few will pull through (room temp is 21.5 Celsius). It now says there was a power outage? Which I know isn’t the case. I had it in a nook where I couldn’t read the menu without leaning in and using the flashlight on my phone as I wanted to keep the, dark, so I guess I won’t ever be doing that again 😢 I’ve started a thread so others know to not make the same mistake as I did.

I will keep you all posted.
I am so sorry this happened.🙁
You might want to contact Brinsea and see if they have anything to offer in the way of explanation. They have a rep who monitors this site.

I am so sorry this happened.🙁
You might want to contact Brinsea and see if they have anything to offer in the way of explanation. They have a rep who monitors this site.

Yes, I will try to do that. I wouldn’t have thought that being in the menu would suspend the function of the incubator as I’m sure that’s happened before to people (but I couldn’t find any threads about it here). Fingers crossed that at least some will pull through. It’s devastating to know that a simple error like this can cost you your hatch....

Yes, I will try to do that. I wouldn’t have thought that being in the menu would suspend the function of the incubator as I’m sure that’s happened before to people (but I couldn’t find any threads about it here). Fingers crossed that at least some will pull through. It’s devastating to know that a simple error like this can cost you your hatch....
@BrinseaUS

Fingers crossed that some pull through!

Sad day over here. I by accident didn’t completely press through the menu on my Brinsea when I turned the turner and cooling function off last night in preparation for lockdown and it stopped heating 😐 Eggs were cold tonight when I went to candle them. No warnings went off and the fan didn’t stop, so I had no clue this was happening during the day. I turned the incubator back on in the hopes that maybe a few will pull through (room temp is 21.5 Celsius). It now says there was a power outage? Which I know isn’t the case. I had it in a nook where I couldn’t read the menu without leaning in and using the flashlight on my phone as I wanted to keep the, dark, so I guess I won’t ever be doing that again 😢 I’ve started a thread so others know to not make the same mistake as I did.

I will keep you all posted.
How many eggs were in lockdown? The hatch rates will be affected but if you have enough eggs in there some should pull through.

If they don't...well we've all had some hard lessons. That the dark side of hatching. You're in good company to grieve and vent. :hugs

How many eggs were in lockdown? The hatch rates will be affected but if you have enough eggs in there some should pull through.

If they don't...well we've all had some hard lessons. That the dark side of hatching. You're in good company to grieve and vent. :hugs

l only have six as I’m using a Brinsea mini and one was infertile, but I think I saw a tiny bit of movement in one that I candled just now. Will check tomorrow morning when they’ve all warmed up and hopefully I will have good news 💕

Back
Top Bottom