February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
My eggs are at day 13 and I just candled and think 5 out of 10 have stopped moving :(. I'm going to keep them in there and check again at day 18 and fingers crossed it's just due to a dark shell. The others still look good. I have a cheap Chinese incubator and have been having a hell of a time maintaining the humidity so. Temperature has been steady though. Maybe I've been handling them too much??

My eggs are at day 13 and I just candled and think 5 out of 10 have stopped moving :(. I'm going to keep them in there and check again at day 18 and fingers crossed it's just due to a dark shell. The others still look good. I have a cheap Chinese incubator and have been having a hell of a time maintaining the humidity so. Temperature has been steady though. Maybe I've been handling them too much??
I don't think handling too much could be it as long as your hands are clean when you do it. I handle my eggs quite frequently and don't worry about humidity until day 18 when I lock them down. Then I put the humidity up to 35-40 and they bring it up the rest of the way as they start to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom