FEED HELP!

Taylor VanOstran

Hatching
Jun 30, 2017
Hi!
I recently started raising laying hens. I moved my first set of chicks to laying feed about 1.5 months ago. Before they were laying and probably before their age it was okay to do so (still aren't laying). I wasn't aware of the different feeds because I apparently didn't do good enough research. I'm not sure what to do now. I also have 12 new chicks who are a little over a month old. I'm wondering how I separate their food when I put them into the coop with the older hens. Also, are my older hens going to lay now or did I totally screw them up?
Any advice and feedback is appreciated in advance!

How old are your older chickens? Many people feed Grower or All Flock to a group of chickens of multiple ages, with oyster shell on the side.

I want to say they're almost 14 weeks. I'm just worried since I fed it to them almost 8 weeks too early that they won't produce eggs.

How old are your older chickens? Many people feed Grower or All Flock to a group of chickens of multiple ages, with oyster shell on the side.
X2...simplest approach to dredging a mixed flock

I want to say they're almost 14 weeks. I'm just worried since I fed it to them almost 8 weeks too early that they won't produce eggs.

This won't impede production. The damage of layer to non laying birds is to the internal organs from excess calcium and results in shortened lifespans.

Back
Top Bottom