Feed sack recycling ideas??

Pics
If you are talking about the sort of woven plastic feed bags, there are patterns around for making tote bags out of them. Especially cool if the bag is brand name, like Layena or something with a pretty picture on it. I think some people make them to sell at craft fairs and farmers' markets.

I've heard of those. What about a smaller version (similar to a zippered make-up bag) that you could put your money from selling your egg money in?

I use them to line the bottom of my brooder. One Nutrena bag fits the dimensions of my brooder almost perfectly, though I wish I had made made it a foot longer. I like the nest box idea. You could line poop boards with them as well. We also use the bags to throw rocks in around the yard and garden because they are stout.

Thank's for that brooder idea! I won't have to keep buying those puppy pee-pad's.

These puzzle me. The bags my feed come in have kind of a shiny, smooth, almost waxy surface on the outside. They are tough and crinkly. I can't imagine using them for a tote bag or any absorbent purpose like poop boards! Containers for rocks, leaves, grass clippings, yes, I can see that. What am i missing? :idunno

Back
Top Bottom