Feed Suggestions for a New Egg :-)

meltonmb18

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2015
This past weekend I got a small flock of barred rocks (5 hens, 1 rooster). I would like to make sure that I'm giving them exactly what they need nutritionally. Could anyone give me some suggestions or guidelines on what I should be feeding them? Thanks!

I've been happy with Purina, either Flock Raiser or Layena pellets. It's best if you find out what's available fresh in your area, then pick a product that looks good and keeps your birds happy. Starting with their current feed is best, and transition gradually to a new feed if you decide that's best. Cheapest isn't best! You also need separate containers for grit and oyster shell. Enjoy! Mary

I've been happy with Purina, either Flock Raiser or Layena pellets. It's best if you find out what's available fresh in your area, then pick a product that looks good and keeps your birds happy. Starting with their current feed is best, and transition gradually to a new feed if you decide that's best. Cheapest isn't best! You also need separate containers for grit and oyster shell. Enjoy! Mary

Thank you for the input! I do have oyster shell! Yay!

Back
Top Bottom