feeding quail for free

I am not familiar with those grains. You might also check into proso millet seed. Which ever grain you choose, try finding the nutritional composition on the internet. Be sure to look for the composition by weight and not human dietary needs.

Quinoa has a bitter taste that animals apparently leave alone for the most part. Be sure to rinse it well before you try it or try giving it to your birds. Please let us know if your quail like it. I'm curious. I plan on growing it too, but not sure if i will have quail going yet by that time.

OMG!! I love this thread... I support your idea, ihad being thinking on do in the same thing but I'm originally from the Caribbean were we could grow all year around without winter affecting the plants and herbs and now I live in North Carolina planting zone 7b and not sure how to grow in winter ...pls help any ideas what I should do?.....

Buckwheat is a late crop you might get in the ground now in NC. Get it from a health food store. Hulled and non roasted. Comes up quick.

My quail eat redworms, from my worm bin. I had to teach them though by using little ones. Some of them can't do it yet but others are getting quite good at eating even the big ones in one go. And they ate a live earwig and dead flies too.

Back
Top Bottom