fenbendazole dosage?

Her poop is totally not normal.
I would now strongly recommend you take her to a vet or at least take the poop in to a vet.

Thank you..I did not know that fermenting it takes the lactose out.
I was just reading some of your other posts.
Seems back in 2014 you have very similar problems with this same chicken and you were advised to worm back them...did you?
I don't remember that… How can I find that post? I don't remember ever having a problem with Gretel. I had a problem with ellen.

Here is one study -
.......:

Well, darn that's for a different concentration and administered in water rather than a paste fed directly to each bird so not really apples to apples. Not sure I'd agree that my approach is treating only round worms. I'll have to do some more investigation. But thanks for bringing that possibility to my attention anyway.

I made a mistake and gave her too much. I put 1 teaspoonful in a kefir/ bread mixture when I think I should have only given her 1/4 teaspoon. I would say she ate about half so she probably got about a half a teaspoonful. i've been watching her and she seems ok. Still eating and drinking. I did have a freak out and googled and it said that it is very hard to overdose safeguard. I guess that's why they named it that :)

Well, darn that's for a different concentration and administered in water rather than a paste fed directly to each bird so not really apples to apples. Not sure I'd agree that my approach is treating only round worms. I'll have to do some more investigation. But thanks for bringing that possibility to my attention anyway.
They (Uganda study) used 4% in *feed*, not water, but that doesn't matter because they received the various proper doses. You used 10%, which is the same as 10% liquid. One ml of paste = one ml of liquid, both have 100 mg fenbendazole. I gonna guess that you gave a pea sized amount? If so, that pea sized blob = 0.25 to 0.3 ml (25 to 30 mg). If you gave that amount to a 5 pound hen you gave only 11 to 13 mg/kg. That single dose probably treated large roundworms, but I doubt it treated anything else. :( Only way to know for sure is to have before and after fecals done.

Back
Top Bottom