Lil Flockers

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2020
Hello to all! I Joined today to make it all official. This is our first flock, but i grew up with chickens so i've been handling them since toddlerhood and my mom has been a "chicken lady" for 50 years plus-- so I think I get "grandmothered" in to the club :D. My wife and I have a flock of 18 currently--we went with the "Pu-Pu Platter" of Bantams as we live in the city, but still wanted variety. Our rooster is a Bantam Sultan named Fez (or FES lol--yes, "That 70's Show! ;) :celebrate The rest of the tribe range from D'Anvers to D'uccles Buff Black-Tailed Japanese, BCGH, Cochins, Silkies, 1-Sebright (its compadre died in transit :() and dos mas Sultans all in the 7-8 week range and a Columbian Wyandotte (who may or may not be a Bantam) and an Olive Egger--both layers) thrown in for good measure. And, honestly--these guys are mostly pets. My mom is the #oldschoolchickentype so I sometimes need info she doesn't have and occasionally there may be old school info i do have or can get if someone is seeking it. So far, it's been an adventure--and has reminded me how much I enjoy chickens. My wife is new to chickens, but loves all animals and has already picked a chick as her #housechicken lol. She has natural "Chicken Magic" and is also very pro "chicken entertainment" so all fun and game suggestions are encouraged! I suspect most of my questions will be medical/behavioral related but we shall see. This seems to be an outstanding community as well as an excellent resource. It's nice to have a reliable spot for opinions and information. Please forgive my stupid questions :)

The image is of Fez (our rooster) in his temporary housing while we built the coop. He keeps a fierce watch as he is #chickenmarried to the Wyandotte hen in the background lol. Ever vigilant! IMG_2138.JPG

Hello to all! I Joined today to make it all official. This is our first flock, but i grew up with chickens so i've been handling them since toddlerhood and my mom has been a "chicken lady" for 50 years plus-- so I think I get "grandmothered" in to the club :D. My wife and I have a flock of 18 currently--we went with the "Pu-Pu Platter" of Bantams as we live in the city, but still wanted variety. Our rooster is a Bantam Sultan named Fez (or FES lol--yes, "That 70's Show! ;) :celebrate The rest of the tribe range from D'Anvers to D'uccles Buff Black-Tailed Japanese, BCGH, Cochins, Silkies, 1-Sebright (its compadre died in transit :() and dos mas Sultans all in the 7-8 week range and a Columbian Wyandotte (who may or may not be a Bantam) and an Olive Egger--both layers) thrown in for good measure. And, honestly--these guys are mostly pets. My mom is the #oldschoolchickentype so I sometimes need info she doesn't have and occasionally there may be old school info i do have or can get if someone is seeking it. So far, it's been an adventure--and has reminded me how much I enjoy chickens. My wife is new to chickens, but loves all animals and has already picked a chick as her #housechicken lol. She has natural "Chicken Magic" and is also very pro "chicken entertainment" so all fun and game suggestions are encouraged! I suspect most of my questions will be medical/behavioral related but we shall see. This seems to be an outstanding community as well as an excellent resource. It's nice to have a reliable spot for opinions and information. Please forgive my stupid questions :)

The image is of Fez (our rooster) in his temporary housing while we built the coop. He keeps a fierce watch as he is #chickenmarried to the Wyandotte hen in the background lol. Ever vigilant!View attachment 2421336

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom