Finally built a page for my Playskool Coop!

thumbsup.gif

Very cute!

I will join the rest of the group and say ... Very cute coop
clap.gif

There are so many folks that keep urban chickens in limited spaces. The neighbor town to the south (Portland, OR) has quite the community of urban keepers (annual Tour de Coops) and most keep 3 to 4 hens depending upon regulations. Your coop & run does not look like it would be too small. If you have the room you could "fence" off an outside exercise area for more supervised exercise. Don't know if you made any changes inside but if they don't have a roost I would think a small ladder type would be perfect for night time slumber for 4. Good job.

H_H_R, you did an amazing job!
clap.gif

I'll bet others who want to do the same could get these houses at Goodwill or "Sally's." Or pick them up along the road -- what a great way to recycle!

Whenever we see these at the store, I say to DH, "Look at the cute coops!" Now, I can show him that I'm not goofy -- or at least that I'm not alone in goofiness.

I say the work I did mine of course its not grand...but it looked uglier than what it does not....it needed a paint job, and good bleaching, which I did...not done need the roof but....

The heavy rains were coming and they were in a large plastic dog kennel...11 of them....so this is alot better!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=245641&p=3
Mine is the little brown one...not the gorgeous one!!!
lol.png
lol.png

It rocks for sure! Like the sign. Looks like you have maybe 7 birds? Is the outside area big enough? What is on the ground of the run? Do not worry about heat. I have seen pics of chicken coops in Canada that had healthy chickens that were open to the south, sheds really. Heat and poor ventilation will get to them most of the time a lot more than cold temps. I have an old box fan for putting in one of the 4 windows of my coop. It has 2 gable vents and one center roof turbine vent and is 8x16x 9 ft tall in the center. There is also a circuit and box ready for a ceiling fan to op in reverse for summertime, but did not get that in this year. No insulation and no heat. I am in Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom