Finally Got my Roo To Stop Crowing!

Too bad she left. This was interesting.
Truly. I appreciated her post, as this is an issue that can be a real problem for those of us who live in towns. She was trying -- repeatedly -- to help an old, homeless roo have the best rest-of-his-life possible, which I think is kind and admirable. Anyway, I will post about my experience trying the collar with my noisy hen, assuming I can get it on her -- maybe a pre-dawn sneak attack on the roost. The collar should arrive in a week.

Last edited:
I'm AC
I live in one of hose "No Roo" zones, but am blessed to have ever-tolerant neighbors. I'm truly grateful for them ... because I thoroughly enjoy "The Boys!
TU
Here’s the one I use! It’s small and lightweight so it’s comfortable.
I ordered this for my noisy hen. It was far too large for her, even cinched all the way down, and she completely freaked out when I tried it on for size and then set her loose; I thought she might hurt herself. No go.

That’s

That’s too bad.
Thanks. It is. I don't like to do it, but I've taken to caging her and covering the cage with a blanket when the flock and I first get up around 5:30, until I let them out around 7. That seems mostly effective. She remains sporadically noisy during the day, but at least neighbors aren't sleeping then.

Last edited:
Please post a picture or other info on the collar. I have 3 Serama roos that have to come in at night because of crowing. And they are driving us nuts. They crow all day starting at 6am.
Did you ever figure out how to quieten your seramas? My little guy first had a squeak but now its getting pretty throaty. He is beautiful so I dont want to lose him! I don't think the dog collar thing is gonna work for him unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom