Finally Got some Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 SunFresh® Recipe

I was at TRACTOR Supply anf they didn't have the pellets I usually feed them.. looked and they had Layena andbit was only a $1 more a bag.. not a bad deal until you realize everything else is in a 50 lb bag and it's in a 40 lb bag.. so $1 more for 20% less?

I have fed a Layena (pellets and crumbles) and Layena plus and haven't really noticed a difference in the taste of the eggs. The hens liked them all. I had coupons for the layena plus, so didn't get hit with the price difference as bad. Figured it was worth a try.

I got the Layena Plus 50 lbs pellets for $15.99 at Ace Hardware, Cypress, Tx. My girls don't like this stuff....I had to mix it with scratch grains, Black Oil Sunflower Seeds, a little leftover Broiler Complete, etc. and they still pick around it. Not impressed. It may take a long time to finish this 50lb bag.

I started mixing the pellets with the crumbles and now they seem to like it. They are actually eating the pellets first and then the crumbles. After 1 month of mixed feed I'm going to switch to pure pellets to help eliminate the feed dust, etc.

Back
Top Bottom