Finally Got some Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 SunFresh® Recipe

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by City Cajun, Sep 27, 2011.

1. rabbithaus

rabbithaus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Triangle, NC
    I use it. My hens like it and my daughters don't eat much omega-3 foods beyond eggs so any little bit helps!

2. ky-chicken-farmer

ky-chicken-farmer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Quote:I also saw it at the Tractor Supply in Opelousas. I have several $3.00 OFF coupons for this. I think I will try it.

I had several coupons also and when you take the 3 bucks off its not a bad deal. I know my birds like it, i mix a bag of Omega 3 with a bag of layena and they will eat the smaller pellets before the start on the larger Layena pellets

3. jfoley

jfoley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    since i have started useing it i notice that the poop is not as runny as w/ other feeds.

4. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:I also saw it at the Tractor Supply in Opelousas. I have several $3.00 OFF coupons for this. I think I will try it.

I had several coupons also and when you take the 3 bucks off its not a bad deal. I know my birds like it, i mix a bag of Omega 3 with a bag of layena and they will eat the smaller pellets before the start on the larger Layena pellets

Did they change it to 3.00 off per bag or do you still have to get 2?

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I had several coupons also and when you take the 3 bucks off its not a bad deal. I know my birds like it, i mix a bag of Omega 3 with a bag of layena and they will eat the smaller pellets before the start on the larger Layena pellets

Did they change it to 3.00 off per bag or do you still have to get 2?

The coupons that I have are $3.00 off (1) bag.

6. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:Did they change it to 3.00 off per bag or do you still have to get 2?

The coupons that I have are $3.00 off (1) bag.

That's a pretty good deal I'd say, just can't get it here though without driving 120 miles round trip....

7. livingwithchicks

livingwithchicks New Egg

Sep 6, 2011
    my chicks are about 20 weeks old and i just changed thier feed from the growing type to the layena pellets and the chicks don't like them. i have gold comets so the pellets aren't too big they just don't want them. lordy are they just finiky.[​IMG]

8. City Cajun

City Cajun Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Try mixing the pellets in with the food they were eating before the switch. I like the size of the pellet of the new Layena with the extra omega.

9. GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Henry, TN
    Yes, this is an expensive feed but only by a couple of dollars. Is there any other way of feeding to increase the Omega 3 in the eggs produced?

You can add flax seed to their feed or add salmon but more expensive.

10. SIMZ

SIMZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    We just started using this a few weeks ago. It's still mixed with their previous feed, but they seem to eat the pellets with no problem. I also noticed it's a bit more expensive, but am hoping the pelleted form will decrease waste. We'll see!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by