Finally have eggs! Breed of chickens and who laid what?

katie_94

Songster
Oct 14, 2021
I have 8 chickens in which 4 are 5-6 months old and the rest are 4 months old. I'm pretty sure the younger 4 are easter eggers but I'm a bit confused as to what the 4 older ones are especially after I found some eggs this week. My mom got them all randomly from TS a month or so apart.

In the second picture are the 4 older ones which I believe are: 2 barred rocks (have white-ish grey legs with black wash), a salmon faverolle (five toes with feathers on legs), and a gold(??) sex link. Am I right?
When I went to pet the chickens, only one of the barred rocks and the salmon squatted with spreading wings and have been singing the egg song in the coop (with the salmon being especially loud lol) but I'm also confused as to who laid what? I found the pink speckled one monday but since then, been finding the cream and brown ones! I've been using google to find reference photos but still confused.

I might need to set up a camera. I'm just curious that's all lol.

They are still eating flock raiser but have oyster shells on the side to help themselves to.

Attachments

• IMG_5884.JPG
    IMG_5884.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5873.JPG
    IMG_5873.JPG
    858.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5832.jpg
    IMG_5832.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Your barred girls might rather be cockoo marans judging by the egg colour. To me it looks as if the 3 darker eggs stem from the same hen, the upper one just has a bit more of the protective coating.
The cream coloured would stem from the Salmon Faverolle.

This is what the cockoo Marans from Cackle hatchery look like
1639599008881.png

Your barred girls might rather be cockoo marans judging by the egg colour. To me it looks as if the 3 darker eggs stem from the same hen, the upper one just has a bit more of the protective coating.
The cream coloured would stem from the Salmon Faverolle.

This is what the cockoo Marans from Cackle hatchery look like
View attachment 2930214
so that's a cuckoo maran! my girls look just like that. i was confused with barred rocks and reading that barred rock hens had that leg coloration as opposed to yellow and their eggs being a cream color so when i saw brown eggs I was like huh?? and the extra protective coating makes sense upon closer inspection. ty!

Back
Top Bottom