Finally! The beloved chicken song!

BioBob

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 14, 2009
Raleigh, NC
At 11:27:33 My Black sexlink laid her second egg.

I did not report the first one as when I finally discovered she had laid one (yesterday) she was eating it! I then had all of these fears about having a chicken where broiling was the only cure. In retrospect, I think she laid a very thin shelled egg and broke it with her own weight (she's a big girl) and then was sampling what she found underneath her.

Naturally, today I kept a very close watch (that's why I know the time to the second) as I did not want a repeat performance. The time recorded is when she began singing, and BOY did she sing!(10 or 12 chorus'). The rest of the birds were resting below the coop and she startled them awake. It was a new tune for them too. Then she got off the nest, and came down to join the flock. What a relief that was!

Now for the pics, and a smoke signal for the neighbors, who have been awaiting this glorious day.

Bob

Wonder Girl

31340_dsc00558.jpg

Congratulations!
ya.gif
My girls run from 15 - 12 weeks so I'm still waiting. . .There are goos signs though- Prudence, an EE and the oldest pullet has a big, full, bright red comb and wattles; could be any day now!

Back
Top Bottom