Finding the right breed for me

[/URL]

Well, crap
It's not you, it's just not working right now.

We had a flock of 120 white rock hen's when I was growing up. The roos were the most horrible birds I ever remember, grandma always processed them as soon as possible.

Temperament is largely inherited in chickens. Aggressive birds tend to produce more aggressive birds. I currently have a respectful, smart boy that doesn't give anybody, even my kids, any trouble.

[/URL]

Well, crap
Try again in a little bit. It worked fine on my computer but I have never tried from a smart phone. The site basically asks you 6 or so questions (cold hardiness, egg color, size, broodiness, if you like rare breeds, temperament, rate of egg laying, etc.) and then it shows you which breeds are a match. From there you can click on each breed and learn more about them. Good luck!

My first flock had a light Brahma hen and she quickly became my favorite. She was boss hen, talkative, inquisitive and always willing to "help". I would suggest a variety of hens in your first flock. There are too many nice breeds out there and some of my favorite have been breeds I didn't initially consider.

Back
Top Bottom