Fine, oily, tangly hair... Home remedies?

A1 Steak Sauce

Songster
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
My House
Just what the title says lol. I have very fine (not quite baby fine, but pretty close,) oily (as in I have to wash it every day or it looks like I rubbed my head in a tub of Crisco,) hair that tangles like a mad dog... What are some of y'all's home remedies for decent hair? Not egg, I just got through trying that... Let's just say for some reason unbeknownst to me, I decided to get in a hot shower to rinse the egg off, and I won't be trying that again anytime in the near future lol. Any suggestions?

Lol for some reason it made me think of when I was a young kid, my grandma always used lye soap, not exactly wonderful for your hair... Great for poison ivy though.

I have very thin, fine hair too. I hate it. I can never grow it out past my shoulders.
sad.png

I would like to know the answers too!

i have an oily scalp as well. i have tried all kinds of stuff. my mom is a hair dresser and she said there isn't much you can do but washing it everyday isn't good. i have just been throwing it up in messy buns lately. it will help it grow (if that's what you want) and give your hair a rest from being washed. if you have oily skin as well like i do, that's a good thing. our faces will not be as wrinkley and we will have nice skin when we are older (if you are young like me LOL)

we were getting aussie shampoo and conditioner for oily scalps but it wasn't working either. you kinda just gotta live with it i think, but if you find something that works.. let me know LOL

I don't really have any home remedies, but I have fine, thin, oily hair, too. Mine's really long, past my hips.

I use Suave shampoo. I always buy one that looks clear. I figure the creamy looking ones probably have some sort of moisturizer in it and I avoid those.

I use extra-moisturizing conditioner since my hair's so long, but I only use conditioner on hair below my ears. I keep the conditioner well away from my scalp!

I have never found an answer to this question. I have frog fur. That's what a stylist called it a few years ago!!
lol.png
Hair so fine, oily, and tangly as mine can only be managed one way. With a cute SHORT haircut. I tried every few years to grow it out when I saw the cute long hairstyles......you know the ones.......the ones that can only be pulled off by people with long, thick locks. I always ended up disappointed and hacked it off again. I have come to term with the fact that I will never have long, thick locks that conform to my every hair whim.

Last edited:
Beer huh? What do you do afterwards so you don't end up smelling like the town drunk lol? (Real question, I'm not trying to sound like a butthead...)

Any kind of vinegar in particular?

Back
Top Bottom