Firefox/Mozilla 4.0 woes, here is a possible fix for you...

WIChookchick

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Rural Brooklyn, WI
IF.. you are having issues and can access via another internet browser to uninstall and re-install. OR are going to install 4.0....
YOU HAVE TO SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP, do not RUN it, it will not show up, you need to save it, then run it, which will in turn install OR
upgrade your older mozilla browser.
You will then have to go to their Add-ons, if you use a bookmark or email menu/toolbar like Yahoo.
It is apparently an awful upgrade for mozilla with nothing but issues...
AND at this point you cannot find the older version to downgrade back to. They have removed it from being able to be
downloaded.
I truly hope this helps folks.
Carol

My husband put it on his and now his computer won't boot up....it turns on and stops on the dell first screen all black with dell in blue and some white letters. I guess it is now and he had to unplug the hole computer from the wall....weird.

I was gonna put it on my computer and now I don't think I am gonna.

My computer was worse and now his maybe be worse then mine. His is acting real slow when it did come on before. We shall see how it acts now that he unplugged it.

hu.gif

I got confused...

When I see that Firefox just launch 4.0 version, I just download it and install it, the previous version automatically removed... I did experimented by did not removing the old one by using the other folder. But it doesn't work, the old version can't be loaded anymore, even when I run from old Firefox program files the one that loaded is 4.0.

After all, I didn't see any trouble in upgrading browser to Firefox 4.0.

I use 7 different browsers in my laptop since I'm developing web and need to test my web compatibility running in major browsers.
big_smile.png

ps: Firefox 4.0. is great...! but still eating too much resources..!
smack.gif

I downloaded 4.0 and I don't really care for it that much. But, one thing I did was clean my cookies, etc and it helped. One thing I don't like is that my "theme" at the top of the browser is all cluttered. I have a theme of a mother duck with a trail of ducklings, but I can hardly see the duckling anymore unless I put a spacer in.

Also, I have Flashblock, but it isn't blocking all the flash anymore. Also, how do I control pop-ups now?
idunno.gif
I don't see a way to turn them on and off and I'm getting more popups now.

Last edited:
We have been using Firefox for years and I downloaded 4.0 about a month ago. The only problems I have are like games on facebook where the developers have admitted to not updating their software to match 4.0...google chrome, VERY invasive program. Google tracks and sneaks and watches everything you do...I detest google.

Quote:
Now Why do you think google is "VERY invasive program" ? It's no more invasive the fire fox. It's way safer. If you don't like google because it "watchers every thing you do" just disable cookies

Quote:
Now Why do you think google is "VERY invasive program" ? It's no more invasive the fire fox. It's way safer. If you don't like google because it "watchers every thing you do" just disable cookies

Do some research, please. Personally, I think Chrome is really awesome, but they will/do track you thorough Chrome beyond what's possible with addsense and cookies.

@GiddyMoon: Chromium.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
AE- If you use Mozilla, you have no choice.. I at first was given the choice to upgrade and then a day or so later it downloaded and updated with out asking me if I wanted to....
I use Win 7 as well and have serious issues. My DH downloaded IE9, but his firefox/mozilla seems to be working now.

I may go to IE9 if this keeps up... I will often get a "not responding" hazy screen for no reason.. and have to restart my browser... several times when online.

grrrr

Back
Top Bottom