First Bumblefoot Surgery Last Night...Pics

Great job
clap.gif

You did a fabulous job, Mary! Been there so many times, I don't even want to remember. My big red girl, Meg, has chronic bumblefoot, probably due to a combination of her oddly shaped huge feet and her dense body weight. Always have to work on her, probably 4-5 times a year.

Quote:
Thanks everybody!
bow.gif

Cyn, I hope this doesn't become chronic with this girl. While Kelly and I were looking at her this afternoon, we saw a couple of odd spots on her other foot. I'll poke around a little tomorrow but for today she's had enough. I still can't believe how much stuff I got out of there. Reminded me of the worst infection I saw while working as a nurse. I think I got more stuff outta' that guy than he weighed when I was done.
sickbyc.gif

Great job! I have a hen that i believe is has bumblefoot and have been researching how to do the surgery. She is my oldest girl and acctually my original. She is 11 and a half. I feel so bad for her. I would love to know what all you had on hand for your surgery. I have a list from other places but I wanted your opinion to and anyone elses opinion. This helped greatly especially the pictures. Again ANY info would be appreciated this will be my first time so I am a little nervous about doing something wrong. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom