First Chickens

moaky84

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
My wife and I just got our firts chickens that will be a great addition to our garden and family. We already named the leghorn I.Q. (she seems very smart) and the autrolorp Frau Schwarz and the two Wyndottes have no names yet. We took them out in our garden for 15 mins or so. They seemed very happy.

Congratulations! And welcome to BYC!
They look like happy little chicks. You'll have lots of fun with them! You should be careful, though...keep letting them free range, and you won't have any of that lovely garden left.
roll.png

well hopefully they eat all the pests and little foliage its a big garden
lots of slugs and rolly pollies

I started building the chic coop from wood i took from a demo job. The design is coming along as I build it and is based off the amount of lumber i have.

I started building the chic coop from wood i took from a demo job. The design is coming along as I build it and is based off the amount of lumber i have.
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We started our chicken adventure last April (2011). It has been such a joy and very rewarding. Your coop looks like it's going to be roomy for the girls. I'm sure they'll love it. I wanted to give you some super helpful coop info (especially since your starting from scratch here). Please click here for some really good tips.

Sincerely,
Kelly

Our Country Chronicles

The coop is almost done. I got the siding from my neighbors who bought 8' fence boards then cut 2 feet off them. Oh well my gold. The chicks got to play in there coop a little today. They wouldnt get off our hands and arms for a couple minutes, but they got used to it.

Back
Top Bottom