First Egg Countdown!!

That's got to be 100% better that those nasty fly strips that aren't working. Plus I love the idea of having the scent of vanilla around, its better than the odor that sometimes comes out of my girls. Especially after some watermelon. Thanks 

What a wonderful idea!

No problem! I never let the smell run out on em now haha I can't stand the flies! And now that I know they really work I buy I pack every time I go to the store just so I always have fresh ones on hand! Lol

We got our first 'official' egg today. Yum! I am pretty sure it's from our Comets. Our pullets are march chicks. I think the RI reds will lay next! The
Black Os and Ameracuanas are just getting their red faces! So exciting... Perhaps our family will bring the potato with egg salad on the 4th...can't wait to see what tomorrow brings:)

Congrats! I have two Golden Comets too! I think that their coloring is vey pretty.

Mine were hatched the first week of April. But some of my chicks are getting blushed cheeks. Oddly enough, I think that my three Cochins have the reddest faces of the bunch right now. But, there is no way that my Cochins could lay before the Comets! At least, I sure wouldn't think so. But the Cochin faces are getting pretty bright red, more so than the others.

One of my bantam roosters (all same age) is starting to crow now. :rolleyes: and he is so bad! I hope that there will be some significant improvement in his crow. Right now his crow sounds a bit like a hacking cough.

Congrats! I have two Golden Comets too! I think that their coloring is vey pretty.

Mine were hatched the first week of April. But some of my chicks are getting blushed cheeks. Oddly enough, I think that my three Cochins have the reddest faces of the bunch right now. But, there is no way that my Cochins could lay before the Comets! At least, I sure wouldn't think so. But the Cochin faces are getting pretty bright red, more so than the others.

One of my bantam roosters (all same age) is starting to crow now. :rolleyes: and he is so bad! I hope that there will be some significant improvement in his crow. Right now his crow sounds a bit like a hacking cough.

Golden Comets are really pretty! I had one, but she was nabbed by a fox. :'( Our bantam roo has a funny crow!

Yay!!!! Today was the day!!! 18 weeks barred rocks I have 14 of them all the same hatch day ;)

First and only egg so far ..;) I'm so pumped I feel like it's Christmas!! Hahah

Congratulation!!  Amazing how excited we can get over our chicks huh... I am still waiting at 17 weeks.  Enjoy your moment.  

Yes! Hahaha I ran outta the barn w it to my husband saying " we have an egg! We have an egg! " he was like ." So?" I then realized only me and the chickens were this excited haha

I'm so excited for all of you! But I have really bad news, I lost my three girls this morning to some kind of predator. I don't understand. My Plymouth Rock (Belle) fought so hard, My Buff (Sasha) was right by her side. Bella got the worst of it. But my Red Sex Link (Sexy Lady) was in the furthest end of the run. She just had a hole in her side but also dead. It was obvious to me that whatever did this, is wasn't for a meal. I don't think I'll be getting more chickens, I lost 3 chicks to feral cats when they were very young. My Chicken friend down the street urged me to give it a few days. He too had been through a massacre and swore off having chickens, but came around in time. I'll see. I'll take his advice and not go into the yard for a few days and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom