First Egg Ever! Bantam Easter Egger

allhisblessings

Chirping
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 23, 2013
Tallahassee, FL

Could it get any more egg-citing? We've been waiting a month for the chicken to lay (supposedly she was already laying before we got her) and none of our others are old enough (but supposedly they will be any day now too). Now we have or first egg. Gather the family for a feast!

We were hovering around the coop all day (spring break) because she kept making crazy noises. The kids could not wait to collect an egg. My daughter got it out. Secretly, I can't wait to collect one by my self. Is that so wrong?

Last edited:
LOL i have been doing that with my geese i hatched out last year. Nothing yet. I got so bad at wanting geese eggs that i went and bought some thats already laying. It helped a little but not much i still want eggs from my babies. There is nothing wrong with wanting to collect by yourself, i wont let my husband get the eggs unless i was bed ridden sick lol i tell him im afraid he'll drop one lol

Yep the hen who laid the egg was the oldest, the one we got knowing she was supposed to be already producing. It took a MONTH just for her to lay. Now we are waiting for the 20ish-week-olds to start. Ohhh the suspense!

Back
Top Bottom