First hatch of the year.

What a nightmare. We'd been out all day and when we returned, I took a nap. Once i woke up I went to check on.the bator and it nearly 80*f!

No worries, if anything, it just slowed down the time they hatch. Good luck! I'm on "lockdown" too... But this time, I have a broody doing all the work for me. I've seen people have great hatches with 90% humidity (accidentally), then had to bring it back down, which took a little while. Someone last year gave up on day 25, forgot about the egg in the bator & on day 27, it hatched! Healthy peeping little chick!!! ANYTHING is possible!

Last edited:
I have a pip! And it's in a Maran egg! Those were so dark I couldn't see if they were developing! So even if none hatch I am happy to find out my roosters doing his job! This is the reason I started up the incubator to begin with.

I'm up to 2 marans pipped. And I have heard chirping twice. Surprisingly the one lone EE egg that I had in for development and developed well has no sign of life yet.

I have a chick! I have a Chick!
jumpy.gif

And the little stinker snuck out while I wasn't looking! Its a maran. I think a Black copper but could be a cuckoo. Three others are pipped

Final candle, 3 more stopped developing. Still we're at 11 of 16 shipped silkie eggs that are developing well. Lockdown starts tomorrow at 7pm!

So one of our eggs broke in the incubator, i discovered it last night while i was getting it ready for lockdown. Got it cleaned up and now have four for hatching. I think we have 3 that are possible hatchers and one that looks like it may have stopped developing. My lack of experience with hatching is coming into play here and am just hoping for something to hatch!

Back
Top Bottom