first time i saw my egg pip!

Just chilling under the heat relaxing!

Hi peeps,
I'm In a quandary since the last post I've wherever only had two chicks (ons buff Sussex, and RIR) I had yesterday another 2 RIR hatch so they have been in brooder just those 4 for 2/3 days.

Now here is my problem, same batch of eggs another 4 chicks have hatched and are now in brooder with first 4 but the RIR keep pecking the new ones feet! It looks like they are picking on them not for dominance but just cos they can sort of thing. I have another 3 pipped this morning so they will go in brooder by tonight hopefully but what do I do about the spiteful RIR's

There is 3 RIR one buff Sussex, and 2 silver lace orp, 2 splash orp, and pipping is another 2 silver lace n one splash

Advice peeps do I need to separate them?

Probably not they will work it out it is probably because the babies are new once they are in order and with the others they will be fine.
GOOD LUCK on your other hatchlings

Hi peeps
The chicks have worked out their pecking order but those RIR seem to either be the most curious or spiteful but ever so cute. I have 6 leftto hatch but lost one dduring the hatching process. Didn't seem to have enough energy to fully break out of the shell then went quiet and didn't make any further progression for rest of the day. Eventually I took egg out and this is what I found
:(

Back
Top Bottom