I'm not sure why you are talking him out to clean the tank. You should be able to get a scrubber with a handle like thisView attachment 2769486
Use it to scrape the algae off the sides and let it settle. Then use one of these to siphon clean the gravel. Change out about 20% of the water. Taking most from the gravel at the bottom. View attachment 2769490
He will get used to pellets if you withdraw food for a day or two. Just give him a few at a time at first. Scoop them out if he doesn't eat them after a while. You might even soak them in meat blood or roll them on meat to transfer the smell. It is much harder to starve a fish than overfeed one. You can also give him goldfish now and then for food and entertainment. Good luck!
Oh thank you! I'll try to get these, it's gonna be hard finding them In Pakistan tho amazon doesn't deliver here. I have to take him out to fully change the water and clean the gravel. Ive tried starving him but it didn't really work. I'll try again with the smell transfer method. Thank you.

Oh thank you! I'll try to get these, it's gonna be hard finding them In Pakistan tho amazon doesn't deliver here. I have to take him out to fully change the water and clean the gravel. Ive tried starving him but it didn't really work. I'll try again with the smell transfer method. Thank you.
No problem. You shouldn’t have to fully change the water though. A percentage every two weeks should be fine. Even if you change 50% you can leave him in the tank. Taking him out can be stressful for him.

Maybe you need a lizard for that big tank..... Bettas don't eat the plant roots like many people think. I don't know if you do. They do really well with the little betta pellets and a 50% water change once a week (or even less frequently. Just a bubbler to break up the surface tension and they can even live for years without those. The ponds sound awesome! I once made a terrarium with a waterfall and pothos plants, etc and had red eyed tree frogs in it. They were so cool. Loved to hear them call at night.
Ooooh a reptile is a great idea!! I’ve actually been really wanting a snake lately so maybe eventually I could get one!! Or a bearded dragon. They’re cool!! :love

And oh yeah, no, I know they don’t hahah that’s goldfish and koi that eat the plants, right?

And yeah, I had it fully planted and with a sponge filter and heater and everything right in a huge 10 gallon and the little pellets and none of them lived past like 6 months I don’t think. Like, I got them in the fall, they were dead by spring. 😭 I even managed to save one who I thought for sure was dead, hadn’t moved in like a day, so I looked up how to euthanize a fish and bought the stuff and when I got back he was moving! So I gave him a chance and treated him for a bit and he lived a bit longer. He later died though of I think dropsy? I’m not really sure.

I had meant to put in some branches and rocks and stuff but never got around to that but did have the plants as well as a floating log house thing which one used every day and the other was scared so I took it out.

I wasn’t 100% the greatest about the water but I tried to stay on top of it and did do it fairly often. Plus they had the plants to help too but yeah. I even had special gravel that fed the plants.

Your terrarium sounds awesome!!!

Okay, so I didn't get my Panda oranda! :rant They didn't have it after someone told me they did! A two-hour drive for nothing! (Well, not exactly nothing.... 😏) I got a pretty little Koi instead, meet Shoto!

View attachment 2769358

View attachment 2769359
He's settling into the bunch really well! I think he was glad to get the heck out of that crowded tank! :lau But the fish store was like dying and going into fish heaven! So many tanks and indoor ponds! Beautifully clean and okay staff!
Awwww awesome!!!

The bigger the tank, the more stable the parameters will be. It will also take longer for problems like equipment malfunctions, ammonia spikes, etc. to become a serious problem. The only thing is that you will need more water for water changes (could be a problem if you have well water), and they take longer to do.
I thought about that. Water changes already take a long time. And we do have well water.....

Meet my newest baby!
20210722_142749.jpg

His name is Azure. He's in a 10 gallon. I'm still working on this whole aqua scape thing. He has plenty of live plants but TBH his tank looks a MESS. I'll fix it up later but for now the tank is cycled and I went to go pick up dog treats, not ready for a fish... but he just caught my eye and I figured he can come home, and I'll fix up the tanks decor later.

Back
Top Bottom