Who else has fish!?

I’ve had various fish over the years including an awesome planted 10 gallon betta tank at one point but then I got out of it for several years. Didn’t think I would get more as the maintenance was just too much and I didn’t really enjoy it anymore.

That is until I spontaneously bought several goldfish almost 3 years ago now. :lau :oops:

Bought 6 feeder goldfish from Petco, two died early on for various reasons, still have 4. They are huge now.

They have outgrown their current tank so I’ve been having to do a lot more water and filter changes to keep them healthy but I am finally upgrading this week. Ordered a new filter and some other stuff to set it up today cause it was way cheaper online and I am going to buy a big huge 75 gallon tank from the pet store tomorrow. Was going to today but didn’t get to it. But they’re having a big sale so taking advantage of it.

They will be in the 75 for winter since it’s too cold to move them out now but come spring I will also be building a pond for them. From then on they will be in the pond for the spring, summer, and fall, and inside for winter. Unless I make the pond deep enough to not freeze completely which I am also considering but that’s a lot more expensive.

But ANYWAY.

Long story short, I currently have 4 goldfish and I will also be getting a betta fish again this week.

That big sale I was talking about?

Also taking advantage of it to buy a betta tank :lau :oops:

They had some GORGEOUS bettas in there and I couldn’t resist so also ordered stuff to set up a betta tank. :lau :oops:

So tomorrow I will be picking up a 75 gallon, a 10 gallon, and who knows what else. :lau :oops:

And once the tanks are established, I’ll be going back to pick up my betta and probably some more goldfish. They have some super pretty goldfish too.

ANYWAY.

Let’s see those fish!!!

Whether you have indoor tanks, outdoor tanks, a pond, whatever. I love all fish!! Let’s see them. :D
At the moment, I have 4 platies, 2 sucker fish, and snails

I have a 55 gallon with tetras (black and white skirts, bleeding hearts and a handful of neons. There are 5 cory cats too.
A 10 gallon with a beta and a snail.
A 20 long with a goldfish.
I lost my pond fish (shubunkins) last month and not sure I will be replacing them as the ducks use the pond so the fish hid all day..

Do you guys remeber that one snail I got with my guppies from Petsmart? There are now 15 - 20. I think. I counted 15 the other day. Also, no guppies have had babies. I have watched them for signs of birth, and nothing! I have 1 male with 4 females in a 10 gallon. Any idea why Im not getting babies?

Do you guys remeber that one snail I got with my guppies from Petsmart? There are now 15 - 20. I think. I counted 15 the other day. Also, no guppies have had babies. I have watched them for signs of birth, and nothing! I have 1 male with 4 females in a 10 gallon. Any idea why Im not getting babies?
Your original post seems to indicate the guppies were all males? When did you put your girls in with the boy?

Pregnancy takes around 3-4 weeks or so, so if the girls are recent additions it may just not have been long enough. Additionally if you got them as very young fish they may not be quite ready yet.

Otherwise I'm not sure. If there is no/very little cover in the tank your adults might be eating the fry. What are your water parameters? Something environmental might be putting them out of the mood, maybe. TBH with guppies I generally would expect the concern to be the opposite.

I don't know anything about guppies, so no help there.
As for the snails, if you don't remove them you will have hundreds in no time. :lol:

Your original post seems to indicate the guppies were all males? When did you put your girls in with the boy?

Pregnancy takes around 3-4 weeks or so, so if the girls are recent additions it may just not have been long enough. Additionally if you got them as very young fish they may not be quite ready yet.

Otherwise I'm not sure. If there is no/very little cover in the tank your adults might be eating the fry. What are your water parameters? Something environmental might be putting them out of the mood, maybe. TBH with guppies I generally would expect the concern to be the opposite.
I must have never updated! All but 1 of out males died. We went and got a few females 2 months ago. All of them lived. We have hudeaways, a cube for the fry that only they can get in, and a plastic plant that floats. I have seen them get super dark gravid spots, so I assume they are eating fry.

I must have never updated! All but 1 of out males died. We went and got a few females 2 months ago. All of them lived. We have hudeaways, a cube for the fry that only they can get in, and a plastic plant that floats. I have seen them get super dark gravid spots, so I assume they are eating fry.
Sorry to hear it! Yeah though two months and dark gravid spots makes me think you should have seen fry by now.

I have heard some strains of guppies can be very bad about eating their own fry. If you see a girl getting big and squaring off in the future you may want to get a breeder box with one of those fry protection chambers, and try raising the fry separate from the adults.

Back
Top Bottom