Flag at half staff for Whitney Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then the state was completely in the right to fly it half mast. I admire people for their good sides not their bad sides when the bad sides only affect them.

Nothing at all...maybe with a bit in the newspaper or naming the wing of a pediatric ward to which she donated funds. But to place a national or state flag at half mast for her just takes away the honor or significance of the thing when it is normally reserved for those who have actually served their country or state in some self-sacrificing way.

What it says to me is that her financial donations puts her on equal footing as someone who may have sacrificed their life for many and it cheapens that sacrifice.

But...hey, who cares? She was famous, rich and had a God given talent that she wasted with drugs, domestic violence and court appearances. Why not have her honored as a roll model for the youth of the day? Good idea!

X2

We have come a long way from the days when the flag was a symbol of honor and pride, and the sight of it provoked such feeling in a person's heart.

Remember Barack Obama standing with his hands by his side, during the playing of the National Anthem, during the '08 campaign, while the rest of the crowd placed their hand over their hearts?

How about the desecration of the flag by dissident crowds, such as OWS?

How many slimy, self enriched politicians get a half staff flag, at their demise?

What about the flying of the Mexican flag above the American flag, in schools in the southwest and west, on Cinco de Mayo?....Not even an American holiday.

So, in light of the fact that nothing is what it used to be, and that by the design of social engineering, what does it all matter?

Absolute bull crap. Just another way to take away honor from those who deserve it. A death from drug overdose is a shameful death. It should never be celebrated.

Absolute bull crap. Just another way to take away honor from those who deserve it. A death from drug overdose is a shameful death. It should never be celebrated.

If every person who got a half staff flag, had their closets opened and the skeletons shaken out, how many of us could meet the definition of honorable?

Well, people who think it is okay...
or just don't care...
That honor used to be reserved for people who worked or sacrificed for the good of the country
so who should care? All of us, because the people who really should receive that honor are the people we owe our FREEDOM to.

Last edited:
Sean Penn is a sicko..the only reason hes in Haiti is because the drugs are cheap there....

Pete,
Before you make suppositions, and assumptions; you should be aware of the facts. I was young 40 years ago.
Nowhere in my post is an attack on anyone. Either 9/11 victims, murdered children, military, or Whitney Houston.
I simply stated a fact.

If the people in Whitney's home state wish to mourn her passing, I will support that, and not throw stones.
She was a great talent, and an even greater person. The world is a smaller place because of her passing.

Imp

I agree with you Imp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom