Flies???

Nichole77

Songster
12 Years
Jul 14, 2007
Arizona
My yard as loaded with flies. How do I get rid of them/ They are in the compost and whatever poo might be lurking about from the dogs or chickens. I try to keep my yard clean. Is there something I can spray or put out there to get rid of them?

I don't really have a coop. I have more of a tractor. And they free range. So the flies are all over my yard.

Last edited:
I went to the hardware store and bought a bag of fly attractant. You cut open the top, add water to the fill line and hang in your yard. It attracts the flies but really stinks!

The DE helps and so does frequent hosing of the poopy areas.

I keep one of the fly traps up, too, as well as a yellow jacket trap. The fly trap is called: Big Stinky, and it's aptly named!

Don't put it right next to where you walk all the time. First of all, you don't want to smell it that much. Second of all, it may attract some wasps and hornets, too. They hang out to eat flies and yellow jackets.

Good luck!
smile.png

I am going to try some fly predators this year. I tried the traps, made me want to vomit, and sprays don't like using since I have a small fish pond. Hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom