fluid filled bubbles on ducks feet?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
i thought id post this here rather than in the emergencies section as more people here have ducks than over there i think

i noticed 2 of my ducks limping yesterday and finally caught them today (scovies) for a good look

they both 'bubbles' underneath their feet, both on the webbed part and the toes. they are soft and squish...i think fluid filled?

my first thought was bumblefoot but have only ever dealt with that in chickens, and that wasnt blister like they were more solid lumps?

any ideas what they could be and how i could treat it?
could it be blisters caused by the cold? its been frozen over for weeks here and snow covered so they've been constantly on ice so to speak.

Pictures would be very helpful. Mine tend to have callouses on their feet, and they look kind of like what you describe. I have noticed my goose and a duck or two limping during the cold weather--walking on ice and snow is hard on feet, even duck and goose feet. They could just be sore.

Post pictures and hopefully someone can help! Good luck--poor duckies.
smile.png
Shame we can't make them little winter slippers!

sadly i didnt get photos but will do next time i manage to catch one of the little blighters!

Back
Top Bottom